Battlefield 4 no HOTAS joystick support?

by iamtim2

Original Post

Battlefield 4 no HOTAS joystick support?

★ Novice

I recently bought battlefield 4, and was dissapointed to find i couldnt use my saitek x52 pro joystick set. They work fine with battlefield 2 and 3, and i have tried uninstalling them and reinstalling, using different USB ports etc, but nothing. When i select the key binding in the joystick or keyboard section of bf4 it just doesnt do anything when i try to set it. It just keeps the "press esc to cancel or hold esc to clear" prompt.

Why cant i use my joysticks? Live support just says "please try unplugging the set and repluggin" with 3 different people, although one just told me "please try using them later"

Please can someone help?

Message 1 of 5 (7,885 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 no HOTAS joystick support?

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same trouble and have the same joystick. Just having the joystick plugged in to the USB makes playing the game impossible. With the joystick in the USB the sprint no longer works and the LMB no longer makes weapons fire. The space key causes the character to jump and fire his weapon. This is highly irritating and prevents me from using any aircraft it the game as I used to so much enjoy doing. Is it time to switch to COD Ghosts?

Message 2 of 5 (7,769 Views)

★ Novice

DICE is too busy rolling your money to care about actually finishing a game. They'll just string you along until BF5, and still not care about athe customer.

Message 3 of 5 (7,669 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, dude, you're hosed just like the rest of us.  Joystick support has been missing in the BF games since after BF2142.  EA/DICE has no interest in fixing it as long as schmucks keep buying their games.

Don't believe me?  Simply do a search for the interview with DICE 's Lead Multiplayer Designer, Lars Gustavsson, regarding BF3's lack of joystick support.  All Lars did was blow a bunch of smoke up the interviewer's hind-end and turn his back on joystick support.

I'm just glad I didn't pony up the dough for BF4...I learned my lesson with BF3!!

Message 4 of 5 (7,523 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try using a map tool to map your joystick axis and controls to the mouse axis and keyboard respectively.

Message 5 of 5 (7,519 Views)