Battlefield 4 laggs really bad on ps3 !!!

by Yuzuruh

Original Post

Battlefield 4 laggs really bad on ps3 !!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey Guys, 

I got a Problem and it's that my BF4 it's lagging really bad, other friends don't got any problems and its running smooth on their ps3 but not on mine.

It looks like my game runs with 10 fps sometimes -.-

Do you got any problems like that too ? Or some solves for me ?

Would be nice.

Thanks

*Edited for use of inappropriate language.

Message 1 of 3 (544 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 laggs as hell on ps3 !!!

★ Novice

I get this problem to. it mainly happens worse at certain areas of certain maps such as rouge transmission in/near the main bigger buildings (no matter what game mode),Paracel Storm most parts of the map but gets worse as you get closer and in the main bigger buildings. its even worse when their's a ton of explosions and shooting going on those maps, operration locker is pretty much fine until you get a lot of explosions and shooting going on, obliteration in the underground parts of operration locker with a ton of explosions and shooting going on is a total nightmare. I was told by battlefield on twitter that it could be an account related issue, whatever that means lol.

a fix to this would be great

Message 2 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 laggs really bad on ps3 !!!

There are a few things on PS3 that you can do to minimize freezing:

1.  Turn off the media server functionality.  This is a resource hog and completely unnecessary to play games online.

2.  Hard wire your console to the router for a faster connections for the data upload and download to the server to be fastest

3. Rebuild PS3 database as described here as it often solves many PS3 centric performance problems:  http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

4.  Ensure that your HDD isn't full since a console performs better when the HDD isn't completely maxed out.

To give you better perspective on the hardware stresses, the  PS3 has 512MB of RAM (256MB for VIdeo and 256MB for processing and it's static RAM so the system is unable to use more than 256MB of RAM even when needed) whereas the PC version of the game requires at a minimum4GB of RAM so the PS3's very old technology is literally stressed to it's maximum capacity even after a lot of optimization work and removing extraneous items from the games such as the trees on Caspian border.

Also we can't rule out network problems as Sony's PSN has been under a persistent DDOS attack which also may be impacting your online gaming experience.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 3 (507 Views)