Re: Battlefield 4 keeps crashing on PC

by fluidz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, after successfully reformatting and installing Windows 8 and 8.1 to my PC, (see post here and here and which I tried to play two MP games unsuccessfully), I decided to head over to single player for some linear fun. Previously I had DirectX errors while playing the campaign and freezes. This time around, everything was okay. To those having SP issues, these fixes might help as they did for me:

. Disabling other sound drivers e.g. NVIDIA High Definition Audio

. Setting to 16bit , 44100hz cd quality (I don't know if this helps but I keep it this way for now)

. Graphics settings Auto or High. 

i5 3570K

GTX 660 Ti

16GB RAM

Windows 8.1 (hard drive formatted and clean install no other apps except BF4)

NVIDIA 331.58 (clean installation)

Message 1271 of 2,257 (3,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have nearly the same build as you

I5 3570k

gtx 760

16gb ram

windows 8

if you find a fix for the audio loop and freeze issues let me know it seems to happen 5-10 miutes into almost every game if it doesnt happen in the first 5-10 it usually wont but it almost always does

and i also have been able to play sp fine but not multi

Message 1272 of 2,257 (3,511 Views)

★ Guide

@spartanclan wrote:

i have nearly the same build as you

I5 3570k

gtx 760

16gb ram

windows 8

if you find a fix for the audio loop and freeze issues let me know it seems to happen 5-10 miutes into almost every game if it doesnt happen in the first 5-10 it usually wont but it almost always does

and i also have been able to play sp fine but not multi

Yes I got this error five minutes into the game. I wrote about it here. I was using 331.65 at that time. I was recommended to use 331.58 which I will soon enough and report my findings. Have you used this driver? Or are you using the latest?

Message 1273 of 2,257 (3,487 Views)

Message 1274 of 2,257 (3,451 Views)

★★ Novice

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x526b9042

Faulting module name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x526b9042

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000b3fa85

Faulting process id: 0x1bb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ced8f086e855c1

Faulting application path: E:\Games\Battlefield 3\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Games\Battlefield 3\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe

Report Id: b97334af-44e4-11e3-bf3b-f46d04966811

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Message 1275 of 2,257 (3,353 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everybody

Lots of my friends installed Punkbuster along with Bf4, added the game to its client and updated the version too, but I asked them to try installing it again, this time around they opened Punkbuster to find Battlefield 4 had [b]NOT[/b] been added to Punkbuster, and this is mainly because they didn't extract Punkbuster out of its archive.  So.. Download Punkbuster again, [b][link]http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1[/link] [/b], extract it somewhere like "my documents" add Bf4 to it, again, and make sure the "SERVER number matches the CLIENT number which should be right now at "2.332"

Message 1276 of 2,257 (3,541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After formatting and cleaning everything out from my PC (see my earlier post), having not been able to play a single full round ever, it's time to, yet again, join the multiplayer fray (testing Bugfield 4 again). Onward, soldier!

Actual MP Play 3: Conquest@PZavod 12 players. Deployed as the top gunner on the tank, me and my team mate repelled a heli attack and a BMP and a soldier. I managed to hop out in time to repair the tank while getting shot at and then, you guessed it-  AUDIO LOOP and FREEZE

This time I went with NVIDIA 331.58 drivers. Graphics settings custom High no AA,  PhysX set to GPU. No other apps running in the background- there is no other apps except BF4 on my pc at the moment.  I'm getting very, very frustrated with Bugfield 4 already- maybe I should redownload Steam and play Company of Heroes 2 and Skyrim. 

i5 3570K

GTX 660 Ti

16GB RAM

Windows 8.1 (freshly formatted and installed. No other apps except BF4)

Message 1277 of 2,257 (3,537 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually had to re-install windows because all the crashes ended up corrupting my OS (I had crashed where the only option was to power down my PC via the power button}. Finally finished the windows install with no issues. I then go to install BF4 again and it took over 14 hours to download the game (first time it took 2 hours). I then go to play the game and now the game crashes before I even get to play. This is for both Single and multiplayer with the same old "battlefield has stopped working" issue. So I try to repair and guess what? There are corrupted files and it has to download ANOTHER 2 gigs which is going to take another 2 hours. Unbelievable. Over 24 hours trying to re-install this game. I am almost ready to give up on Battlefield altogether after playing it from the first iteration. You would think they would get better at their trade and improve the game. There hasn't been a properly released Battlefield since 2142.

Message 1278 of 2,257 (3,534 Views)

Message 1279 of 2,257 (3,484 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

after every crash i have the game dose not close down and stays up with a white screen everytime i get a crash and then when you use task manger to shut it down it never shuts down it's now the 4th of november and still no patch to stop crashing, they need to stop the team working on Fixing the server queues  on PC and do the crashes for pc.  [ I am 80% sure its because of the stupid battlelog/main menu thing, they should of just made a main menu like very other game they have made. ]

Message 1280 of 2,257 (3,458 Views)