Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

by sgtruhk

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem, I just intalled it a couple of hours ago :/

Message 21 of 48 (5,608 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

★★ Novice

IT WORKED!

Thanks SO much you are a legend!

Message 22 of 48 (5,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got it to work by uninstalling IE11 and installing IE10, since then, zero issues. I also updated DirectX thru the BF4 folder and disabled Origin in game - but neither of those 2 solved anything until I installed internet explorer 10. Try it, my game would crash every time within a minute before.

Message 23 of 48 (5,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want my money back. how do I get a refund?

Message 24 of 48 (5,103 Views)

★★ Novice

EA will fix this, just hang on. I don't know when they are done, but you gotta hang on until they fix it Confusedmileywink:

Message 25 of 48 (4,869 Views)

★★★ Novice
Fix. For gforce gt 700m series
Windows 8. 64 bit, Playing on notebook. Noviciate 740 m

You need to install
GeForce 331.65 driver. Dated oct 28
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-331-65-whql-drivers-released
Message 26 of 48 (4,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the link! it worked perfectly! :D

Message 27 of 48 (4,801 Views)

★ Novice

i can't belive i have to go through this again... it took me months to make bf3 work.

really, you can't keep doing this, maybe that's why cod keeps winning on sales, and that's a shame.

Message 28 of 48 (4,784 Views)

Re: BF4 Stop working...!!!

★★★★ Apprentice

@lowegule135 wrote:

It happen on shanghai Map, each time the C build Destroyed, the game crash. Never Happened on BETA.

Me Too!!

Message 29 of 48 (4,787 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@bdwager wrote:

Guys, I figured out what was wrong, something with the current driver makes it crash.. at least for NVIDIA graphics cards. You need to download a new driver specificlly for BF4 at this link http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience download the "geforce experiance" and then have it search for driver updates after its done being downloaded, and it SHOULD work... it worked for me, however if I put the graphics on high settings it still crashes sometimes... on medium ive been playing for about an hour and it hasnt crashed so im assuming its fixed.

Hope that helps :D

-Wolf

Did not help, I already have the Geforce Experience and my drivers are already up to date! Thanks for trying but that was my first idea was to check drivers. It's not on our end. It's on EA/Dice's end! They need to fix this game and its crashes!

Message 30 of 48 (4,785 Views)