Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

by snowfire789

Original Post

Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

★★★★ Novice

How do I fix this?  I am running Windows 8.  

I turned off Fast Startup and rebooted.... no luck

I went to the _Installer folder.... I ran the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.... they both only gave me the option to Repair, so I did that for both...... no luck

I get this when launching:

Battlefield 4 has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

I get an option to Close Program, nothing else.  When I select that, the window closes and nothing else happens.

Message 1 of 48 (24,850 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Battlefield 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, occurs when it attempts to log in. Very **bleep**ing frustrating. 

Message 2 of 48 (24,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Looking at the posts, it seems like a LOT of people are having issues launching/playing the game.  Wouldn't it make sense to pin a thread for launching issues so everyone can post under one thread and make it more manageable?

Message 3 of 48 (24,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ive been getting the same EXACT thing as you. Ive been frustrated all day trying to fix this. I updated my driver, updated punkbuster, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. none of these have worked. Someone please help us.

Message 4 of 48 (24,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've spent hours trying to work around this to no avail. I really hope this gets fixed sometime soon

Message 5 of 48 (24,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pretty disappointing when you get the game and it doesn't work right after the install/patch. Whenever I try to join a server, it pops up the 64-bit screen and then it stops working roughly 10 secs later. Updating my drivers right now to see if thatll do anything.

Message 6 of 48 (24,389 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I also tried uninstall and reinstall.... no luck
Message 7 of 48 (24,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Will someone from EA be responding??
Message 8 of 48 (24,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Although I have the Lenovo Y510P with 750m sli, running windows 8.0.  I updated to the latest bf4 notebook drivers released yesterday.  However, I am able to play the game if i keep on trying to go in and click on the icon right before loggin in as opposed to waiting it on battlelog.  This works very inconsistently, but I did manage to play some SP and MP this way.  

Message 9 of 48 (24,254 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

same problem here im trying to finish the campaing im at tashgar im not being able to play so i stopped playing SP and started playing MP i was able to joing a server and the game ended rigt when it was going to load another match it game me the problem both in SP and in MP

Message 10 of 48 (24,248 Views)