Battlefield 4 failed to start

by Aggredon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 failed to start

★★★★ Novice

battlefield 4 not launching no matter what I do and I can't call tech support or anything as they're "unavailable".

Message 1 of 18 (1,780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 failed to start

Community Manager

@Aggredon 

I appreciate you giving that a shot as well. 

Do you have BF4 installed on the same drive as the Origin client, or are they installed on separate drives? If they're on different drives would be be possible to move them so they're installed on the same one? I've seen some cases where having them installed on separate drives can cause some issues like this. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 18 (2,448 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Aggredon

Are you trying to launch BF4 through Origin? If so, have you tried repairing the game in the Origin client to see if that helps at all? 

If you right-click on BF4 in your Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,741 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've already repaired it 4 times and I've tried battle log and steam, they don't work

Message 3 of 18 (1,737 Views)

Community Manager

@Aggredon 

Got it, thanks for following up!

When you have a chance can you try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps at all? For more information on how to clear it check out the EA Help website

Let me know if BF4 still won't launch after that. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 18 (1,703 Views)

★★★★ Novice

tried that already, ive also tried setting origin to beta mode.

Message 5 of 18 (1,686 Views)

Community Manager

@Aggredon 

Got it, thanks for giving it a shot. 

When you have the chance could you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Please attach the text file to this thread once you have it. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 18 (1,668 Views)

★★★★ Novice

here it is

Message 7 of 18 (1,639 Views)

Community Manager

@Aggredon 

I appreciate it! 

Looking through the DxDiag I noticed that svchost.exe_WpnUserService appears to be crashing. This is the push notification process for Windows, and I'm not sure if it's directly related to what's happening with BFV. However, it may point to some issues with system files in Windows, which could be a factor. 

When you've got the chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if that helps at all? You can find more info on how to run it over at the Microsoft Support website. If there is a problem with the system files that might help fix this. Let me know if BF4 still isn't launching afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 18 (1,607 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there is no change it still just closes origin and takes me to the home page, when i tried before to go into beta mode it doesn't say that it is in it on the top left of origin

Message 9 of 18 (1,571 Views)

Community Manager

@Aggredon 

Thanks for giving that a try as well. 

Can we try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps? If there's anything else running on the PC that might be causing this to happen that might help to get around it. For more info on how to set one up check out the EA Help website

Let me know if BF4 still isn't able to launch after that. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 18 (1,503 Views)