Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 failed to start

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako Ive sent it
Message 11 of 37 (1,101 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ImPrettyTrash,

At this point I'd look into the steps for uninstalling Origin the hard way to see if that makes any difference. It may also be worth checking that all your other applications such as Razer Synapse are up to date.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/#hard-way  

Mako.png
Message 12 of 37 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako It is not a user mistake thing ... It's dice/ea servers .... This problem is present since last week ..... Every region inpacted so please stop asking about DXdiag / uninstall reinstall ......
Message 13 of 37 (1,072 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NaS-zUp38 So I just have to wait huh, Thanks for the info man. I was so hyped to play BF4 after the trailer for BF6 so i was really bummed out when i couldnt play. I feel relieved to hear that its a problem that will solve itself
Message 14 of 37 (1,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NaS-zUp38 But are u sure there are other with the same problem as me?
Message 15 of 37 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

we're in the same boat man, getting the same "failed to start" error. tried booting thru origin and ea desktop and still the same outcome. this deff happened when amazon prime/bf4 came out.

Message 16 of 37 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RNGesusIsReal Alright thank you for informing me, i guess we have to get the attention of ea moderators and wait
Message 17 of 37 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImPrettyTrash Me too , i buy this game some weeks ago , it's very frustrating .... Since last week it was lags on all servers even on a server with 19 ping ( da f uq ) ...
Message 18 of 37 (992 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImPrettyTrash Absolutely, the only time I managed to reach a server, everyone was on the chat talking about this mega problem instead of playing because the game was unplayable anyway. Even the server admins didn't know what to do because EA / DICE have taxi company-worthy support, as well as private server hosts who don't know what to do .... Very unlikely to be a problem. isolated problem. From what I understood from discussing with BF players all over the world, all of them are on PC and no matter the ORIGIN or STEAM version the problem remains the same. I didn't try to play today and anyway I switched to SQUAD. It's crazy that a company like EA (since the setbacks they have known) still turn a deaf ear ... If they abandon support for old games / games other than their "football" game, that they free the developers so they can do their jobs !!
Sorry for bad english but i've not the time to correct myself ...
Message 19 of 37 (986 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@RNGesusIsReal I only had this error once, since every time I try to connect to a server I just have the game wallpaper freezing (and of course uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help. things) ... Good anyway, having hated BFone and BF5, I have the impression that BF6 will be of the same kind and especially with this technical support to vomit ..... never again I buy a game EA even if I am paid to play it ....
Message 20 of 37 (985 Views)