Re: Battlefield 4 causes my computer to freeze/crash.

by Carbonic

Original Post

Hero

Hi again @L8-Waffles - was just wondering, did you find a solution for this problem?

carbonic signature

Message 21 of 25 (1,221 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, luckily I have been able to fix the issue.

After checking all the hardware and software I noticed that my voltages were 'too low' (in a range of 92-95%). This caused me to buy a new PSU, as my older one seemed to be a cheap and bad one, which seemed to fix the Battlefield 4 related issues (and some other random crashes here and then). The ranges of my voltages are now around 100-105%. If it wouldn't have worked I would've also replaced my Motherboard and CPU, luckily I wasn't forced to so I saved a lot of money.

So thanks for the help for going through all the possible problems, yet the problem was at 'the source' all the time.

Message 22 of 25 (4,185 Views)

Hero

Nice to know. Didn't know you had general stability issues otherwise I might actually have suggested the PSU. Anyways, good to hear it worked out Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 23 of 25 (1,196 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, i have no clue if you still use this forum, but how do i check my powersupply voltage %? i've been dealing with the same issues as you and tried so many things to fix the problem with no success. ive been suspecting that i have a too weak of a PSU for my GPU and setup in general.
Thx for a reply if you are still around Standard smile

Message 24 of 25 (529 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

@Magnus2340 I recommend that you make a new topic add in waht kind of PC you have. For the powersupply details should say on the box you got it in.

/Atic
Message 25 of 25 (470 Views)