Battlefield 4 / cannot connect to EA online servers

by TheDoctor17

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 / cannot connect to EA online servers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello there, i am unable to connect / go online in Battlefield 4 (installed with EA-Desktop). 
Already checked compatibility modes and also checked the firewall. I also runned it as admin (Does not work with EA-Desktop, Game closes and reopens / endless)
i also opened ports for Battlefield 4. None of the things took any effect. Joining a Server via. Battle log, also didn´t helped.

Any help? Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 9 (1,969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 / cannot connect to EA online servers

★★★★★ Novice

I have found a solution today FINALLY after hours,
in "%windir%\System32\drivers\etc" should contain a hosts file, you have to remove these:
(you have to open it up with Notepad+ or other text editor with admin permission)
127.0.0.1 gosredirector.ea.com
127.0.0.1 blazeserver.blazeemu.org
127.0.0.1 gosgvaprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 gosiadprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 gossjcprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 demangler.ea.com
127.0.0.1 vmp.tools.gos.ea.com

the other ones you can still leave in that file. I was unsure, but for some reason punbuster or something else wrote those adresses into the file, could also be Norton, as it blocks game connections always and even windows files.
After that boot up the game and boom, you are in Standard smile, it should connect

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (966 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @TheDoctor17  have you tried our connective guide and see if that helps? 

Let us know what you tried.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 9 (1,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for the fast response @EA_Atic Standard smile
First of all, some basic information: I am using Windows 10, all Drivers are updated, no windows installation problem found, registry is also untouched and i am using a Lan / Network cable (no wifi connection) and it's a broadband connection
What i assume: it's definitely a technical / Server error on EAs side. A connection was able to establish to the BF4 Servers via pinging them with the command used below. Also, other Games in Multiplayer with Frostbite worked on my laptop before, example Battlefront 2 and Battlefield V. There i never had connection problems, everything is running great in Multiplayer. The only EA game which gives trouble is Battlefield 4 at the moment

Now what i have tried: 
1. Checked Compatibility modes (EA-App and BF4), run as admin (EA-App and BF4), reinstalling the game, repairing the game, trying to start with origin
2. EA-App cleared cache / uninstall and reinstall of the EA-App
3. Changing DNS Server to google one (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)
and 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1
4. Try to connect with a VPN
5. Opening Required ports (TCP: 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300)
6. Editing Firewall Rules (to allow everything) / also disabled firewall completely
7. Updating Punbuster (Client and Server) Had to install the Server Version, but after install still no connection possible
8. Checked and re-installed Punkbuster
9. Testing Punkbuster Services (Tests completed without an error)
10. Tried to ping BF4 Servers Manually with: ping 176.57.170.21 -t and ping 51.195.60.239 -t in the windows command console (no package loses, able to ping, connection is working)
11. Checked all required ports with the cmd: netstat -ano in the windows command console

A thing which could help, but i definitely will not try: Setting my Laptop to an Exposed Host

Message 3 of 9 (1,803 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any help?, its already been 4 months @EA_Atic 

Message 4 of 9 (1,452 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

too sad that the problem still isnt fixed. The issue doesnt exist on my similair PC with only a few differences. 

It would be amazing if there is any help, so i can finally play the game i paid 50 Euros for

@TheDoctor17  schrieb:

Any help?, its already been 4 months @EA_Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update things I tried today:

updating punkbuster

allow everything in the firewall section (mentioned in a other post) 

Battlefield 4 works on the same network, same account on a very similar Laptop compared to mine, only with difference in GPU and CPU. 
There it works without any issues, but I can’t use that one often.

Message 6 of 9 (1,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Doctor17, I'm facing the exact same problem and tried that solutions you mention too, pinging, repair option, reinstall, resintall ea app, etc etc

When you mean updating pùnkbuster, how did you do that?

I've downloaded a PB updater from their website, the app asks you the desired game to update and the path. Buit when downloading an update, at the middle it stops and says download failed.

Also I've tried pbsvc.exe inside BF4 folder, which has option for Punkbuster services Test which report to be OK, but even that, in the log it says  this:

Checking firewall settings OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO     <----- this
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe NO     <-------- and this

Not sure if that is Ok, I allowed pbsvc.exe in firewall and obviously all bf4.exe's available, but nothing...

Also wanted to ask you, when you tried to launch a multiplayer server from battlelog, your screen kept black and with the flashing "-" (loading screen)  forever?

I'm quite sure this comes problem comes from EA app. Since Origin replacement for Ea app,  BF3 also stopped working (doesn-t launch)

In my case for example I can play BF1 perfectly,  so I tried setting EA app "go offline", and launch BF1, well then the same happens there. So I think the link between BF4 and EA app is the problem. 

EDIT; I moverd punkbuster files from wow64sys to system32, and allowed them in firewall, now punkbuster test is all green but same problem persists,

Message 7 of 9 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have found a solution today FINALLY after hours,
in "%windir%\System32\drivers\etc" should contain a hosts file, you have to remove these:
(you have to open it up with Notepad+ or other text editor with admin permission)
127.0.0.1 gosredirector.ea.com
127.0.0.1 blazeserver.blazeemu.org
127.0.0.1 gosgvaprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 gosiadprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 gossjcprod-qos01.ea.com
127.0.0.1 demangler.ea.com
127.0.0.1 vmp.tools.gos.ea.com

the other ones you can still leave in that file. I was unsure, but for some reason punbuster or something else wrote those adresses into the file, could also be Norton, as it blocks game connections always and even windows files.
After that boot up the game and boom, you are in Standard smile, it should connect

Message 8 of 9 (967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My hostfile looks nothing like that- the only thing i get i mine is in the picture below

Any other folder it might be in perhaps?

This started happening to me tonight. I was playing on a server with a buddy- after the map was done i quit out and was gonna switch server and then all of a sudden i couldnt connect anymore.
Have tried everything you written here above except the host file thing, because mine doesnt look right

Message 9 of 9 (666 Views)