Battlefield 4 You were disconnected from EA Online (1)

by CybrZero

Original Post

Battlefield 4 You were disconnected from EA Online (1)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Since purchasing the game and premium I am unable to play online, obviously this is the main part of the game, especially with the HUGE! number of bugs in the singleplayer missions (Still only took 11hrs with crashes, glitches and general bugs on Hard) I have tried an awful lot of things right from reinstalling browser plugin and vc++ redist up to simply trying different browsers, but always the same.  I have looked at the forums and all I see are people upset that they cant play, with NO actual answers or aknowledgments? Why is this? are you going bust and can't afford to make a running game? don't you care about your customers? PLEASE PLEASE HELP US GET ONLINE!! get rid of that stupid origin / browser pluging and let us start the game not my damned browser!!!!!! I mean what a very disjointed way of doing it! Start origin, origin opens a browser from that browser you choose start game, the browser then tells the plugin the plugin then starts the game! you need to cut out the middle, namely the browser and plugin.  If you are unable to provide me with a response explaining the problem and an eta on fixing it then please tell me how I can get refunded for my entire purchase.

Some additional info: Whilst watching the bottom of my browser it says "initializing" then the moment it says "Loging in" I get the "ERROR You were disconnected from EA Online Soccer ball"

Regards,

CybrZero

(Mark)

Message 1 of 16 (6,811 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 You were disconnected from EA Online (1)

★ Novice

i have with this the same problem , i tryed everithing what is written on forums and now waiting on email from ea for 2 weeks ach

Message 2 of 16 (6,732 Views)

★★ Novice

me too

You were disconnected from EA Online Soccer ball

Message 3 of 16 (6,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had been working fine until today.  I actually played MP today and then took a break and finished the campaign.  After that I wanted to go back and play some MP and now every server I try to join I get the "You were disconnected from EA Online Soccer ball" error.  Googled some old forum thread on this same error regarding BF3 though.  Many people reported clearing their HOSTS file fixed it.  Thats kinda hard to believe that so many people would have a modified HOSTS file.  Who does that this day and age other than malware?  Anyhow I did check that file and everything in there is commented out.  Some others also mentioned success restarting their modems, routers, etc.  I have not done that.  I don't believe its an issue with that since I can play other games and get to any website I try.

Just tried again on the server I had been trying.  This time I got a "server full" error.  Not sure whats up with that since there's supposed to be a queueing system now.  My guess is that part is screwing up intermittently.  Just as a test I was able to join a server with 0 players in it.  I also noticed even though I finished the campaign its still not reflecting that in the battlelog.  Another bug I guess.

Message 4 of 16 (6,433 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue about 3 month and ea can't help they always blame our computers/OS/internet. Its their stupid battlelog!

Its ruining the games its buggy as hell and they acting like they don't care about it. They acting like its working fine

Message 5 of 16 (6,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just had the same problem with disconnect after palying for 3 days with no problems .. I did however do a Norton scan all files last night so not sure if tht upset things . Still i changed settings in my fire wall from AUTO to ALLOW for Pnkbstra.exe and the other file shown punkbuster.This so afr have fixed the problem or maybe just coincidence. running on windows 8 and AMD so still have a red screen issue :mansad:

Message 6 of 16 (6,419 Views)

★ Novice

I to have had this problem,I have tried all the Microsoft S.M.P (Standard Maintanance Procedures),and my console performs as normal untill I start BF4.Sometimes it will go for about 3 or 4 hours before a CRITICAL FAILURE,by this I mean the console has to be unplugged,no mid dasboard button,pressing the center console button does nothing but make its start up sound.In my case R2D2.I have tried every possible way to contact a DICE or EA Rep. and found only this.This is the best customer support resource that a billion dollar company can come up with.I have stood by DICE and Battlefield franchise, even converted a few COD fanboys to the world of Battlefield.Now there on the return to other FPS's. Why? no feedback, no support, no nothing.

I spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get an ansewer from some one affiliated with DICE or EA and got this, thats it. I just wanted to explain to a real person the issue I was haveing and no, just this.

So here is the problem I had...

Start 12/6/2013-Patch Update 3-Console-XBOX 360

Game-Battlefield 4    A MESSAGE FROM STARKEXPOMK6....        On 12/5/2013,  I was playing Battlefield 4 with some friends, I was doing surprisingly well and was aware of the 100% xp boost was going to ened in a matter of min.So I checked my available boosts unlocked via battlepacks I had  ( 2 25% xp and 4 50% xp) left for use at around 11:30 on 12/5/2013. So I and my friends kept playing untill about 1:30 am EST. In that time I had Unlocked my 3rd SRR-61 Battlepack and a Gold Battlepack for lvl 64.I opened both and recieved some weapon acc for the SRR61 a 100% boost and a paint for the rifle itself.In the Gold BP I recieved some random weapon acc. a emblem for the battlelog and 2 25 % xp boost. That bring's my total available boosts to (4 50% 4 25% and 1 100% xp boost's available for use.After opening the BP's i whent to bed.

The next morning 12/6/2013 I get on and I am prompted by the scrolling feed on the main menu of BF4 to go to Xbox Live Market Place and Download the newest Update, and I did. After downloading the update I whent in to play, played a couple of

matches to get warmed up and then was ready to launch a boost.I pressed start to open the menu and select my boost and they were gone.I then backed out to reopen my battlepacks and the BP's fromlvl 59 to 64 were gone along with my SRR-61 Battlepacks.I tried without success for 2 hours yesterday to get some support on this issue and got this.

Now today I keep getting the " You have been disconnected from EA Servers" so now I cant play.A customer,like many out there, who endorses your product and belive in your work's is left to telling his issue to a keyboard in a forum full of other people who feel let down.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson as Fury in Avenger's " We need a response team" and you do.

I will stand by the Game and DICE/EA because I know you will fix the bugs, but please make some sort of customer support system that is better than this.

Fan Always.. (TONY)StarkExpoMK6

Message 7 of 16 (5,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this same issue, just started today for me though I believe. I am in the process of getting a refund, I'll let you guys know how it goes. It should be enough for a copy of Call of Duty, and juuust enough extra for enough painkillers to kill myself. Standard smile

EDIT: Ok, I talked to someone from EA and apparently my order number that origin emailed me with my purchase conformation isn't a valid order number somehow. Anyways, while I was waiting for EA to respond, figured out that for some reason I CAN join servers now, but ONLY china rising levels. I bet I'm not the only one with this problem.

Message 8 of 16 (5,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Message 9 of 16 (5,331 Views)

★ Novice

I find it funny how no EA staff members have commented on this yet. But I too have this problem, they make us spend $60 on a unfinished, buggy game. Ridiculous

Message 10 of 16 (5,152 Views)