Re: Battlefield 4 Very high packet loss on most servers (RecvRate drops to 20hz)

by zuch2345

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 Very high packet loss on most servers (RecvRate drops to 20hz)

★ Guide

Thank you, appreciated. My NIC : Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.  While i have been playing today i have noticed a few people saying that others are lagging and even though visually their bullets had hit their target they still did not die. Also it seems to make some sense that when i play on the same server when its less busier it does seem smoother.

Thanks man 

Message 11 of 19 (817 Views)

★ Guide

First of all , id like to say thanks once again for the information, love to learn stuff more indepth. Id left my router switched off over night and today when turned it on i had a new IP address which someone had told me to try, i didnt expect anything to improve but for the moment it kind of feels better. To early to say the improvement is not just in my head though. Fingers Crossed :D 

Take care man 

Message 12 of 19 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bishtop You can also try a fixed DNS, Google fixed DNS, and set a fixed DNS like 1.1.1.1.. This sometimes will smooth connections out a little.
Might want to flush DNS also. At the CMD prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, this will clear the DNS, Type "exit" to exit CMD
Message 13 of 19 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@sk1lld wrote:
@bishtopYou can also try a fixed DNS, Google fixed DNS, and set a fixed DNS like 1.1.1.1.. This sometimes will smooth connections out a little.
Might want to flush DNS also. At the CMD prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes, this will clear the DNS, Type "exit" to exit CMD

Great direction @sk1lld !

Indeed having both a primary and secondary DNS set up will typically always then provide you with the most efficient router no matter the traffic congestion out there no matter the day and time.  If your ISP allows it, then always strive to have to two different ones (providers) and not linked to your local DNS.  Another helpful feature is to setup your onw local router to always 're-initialize' once every 24 hours.  This way you also flush its IP and routing buffer, so its always keep up to date and clean.  Many routers also suffer to some degree with handling the buffer overruns when their mapping tables are fully filled up and they need somehow to prioritize which to overwrite or not...

Certainly your great Qualcomm Atheros network adapter card that you have @bishtop should have no problem at all to handle all the processing and serve your gaming needs here for both BF4 and also the future BF2042 game.  So its all about keeping your driver up to date and get the settings optimized to make it all work best possible for you.

Message 14 of 19 (763 Views)

★ Guide

@sk1lld wrote:
@bishtopYou can also try a fixed DNS, Google fixed DNS, and set a fixed DNS like 1.1.1.1.. This sometimes will smooth connections out a little.

Thank you, Now you've mentioned it i (Just about) remember someone telling me years ago that DNS is the one thing that people overlook and dont check when they try to troubleshoot issues, il give this a try for sure. 

I have just checked on my router and it has the option in the attached picture, il see what i can do  with it. 

Appreciated Standard smile

dns.JPG

@CyberDyme wrote:

@sk1lld wrote:

Great direction @sk1lld !

Indeed having both a primary and secondary DNS set up will typically always then provide you with the most efficient router no matter the traffic congestion out there no matter the day and time.  If your ISP allows it, then always strive to have to two different ones (providers) and not linked to your local DNS.  Another helpful feature is to setup your onw local router to always 're-initialize' once every 24 hours.  This way you also flush its IP and routing buffer, so its always keep up to date and clean.  Many routers also suffer to some degree with handling the buffer overruns when their mapping tables are fully filled up and they need somehow to prioritize which to overwrite or not...

Certainly your great Qualcomm Atheros network adapter card that you have @bishtop should have no problem at all to handle all the processing and serve your gaming needs here for both BF4 and also the future BF2042 game.  So its all about keeping your driver up to date and get the settings optimized to make it all work best possible for you.

Thank you sk1lld,  Its great to see two members that help others without going down the route of trying to blame a persons lack of skill ect (trolling). Both of you have been a great help and if anything i forgot how much "Fun" (can tell i live a boring life :D) it can be to problem solve by learning and relearning. 

Thanks and respect to you both 

Message 15 of 19 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bishtop You set up an static IP in windows, in the nic card settings. I'm not at my computer so can't walk you through it right now. Which is why I recommended you google it.
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-dns-server
And
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/changing-your-dns-settings-on-windows-10/

Message 16 of 19 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I use Cloudflair

Message 17 of 19 (734 Views)

★ Guide

@sk1lld wrote:
@bishtopYou set up an static IP in windows, in the nic card settings. I'm not at my computer so can't walk you through it right now. Which is why I recommended you google it.
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-dns-server
And
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/changing-your-dns-settings-on-windows-10/

Thanks , i have set it using the netsh interface ip set address command, Appreciated 

@sk1lld wrote:

I use Cloudflair

Thanks il give the Cloudfare a try, they're supposed to have the fastest DNS from what id read. Appreciated

Thanks guys

Message 18 of 19 (689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

To much to pc information

Message 19 of 19 (579 Views)