Re: Battlefield 4 UI/Looks/Design Downgrades

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

Battlefield 4 UI/Looks/Design Downgrades

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Battlefield 4 had serious UI downgrades (you can check out my short video about this here).

EDIT: Please up vote/support my forums post about this: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/profile/Neo_Synthetic

EDIT 2: I don't know how but this issue was marked as "resolved" even though it's not which is making me very angry. If this issue was resolved the game's UI wouldn't look so ugly. Shame on you whoever marked this post. Such careless people (at EA) - trying to cover up all the customer complaints and take 0 action.

I talked to a EA Support member but they just redirected me here. As you can see from the pictures attached, there are multiple changes that made the game look less appealing. I am sure I am not the only one who noticed. It would be much appreciated if there would at least be an option under settings to revert the UI back to the way it originally looked. All I want is to play the game that I paid for. The game just doesn't look as good as it used to. You can easily find these changes by comparing old BF4 YouTube videos from 2013-2014 to 2015-present.

It only lets me attach 3 files but I made more. Here is the full list of things that used to look good before:

- Main Menu UI (Used to look digital and military-like. Now it's flat and white and it was taken from BF1 and seems out out of place.)

- Reticles (reflex, holo, PKA-AS, red dot sight, ACOG, etc.) (It used to look more like it was glowing. Now it's flat and using darker colors.)

- Sprinting Animation (not UI, I know but still, it looked better.)

- Vehicle UI (helicopter and tank UI used to look more like it was glowing. Now it's flat and using darker colors.)

- Revive Icons (used to be larger, without ugly timer, a dead player would be able to see his own revive icon above his body from the death cam.)

- Lag Indicators (Used to have 1 nice and simple indicator. Now there are way too many on screen and the colors are ugly orange and red just like in BF1)

- Camo icons (They looked much more appealing and used to have more detail. Now they look more generic and 2D. The default camo icon clearly demonstrates the change which I was unable to attach)

I really hope this doesn't get ignored. Please help this case get noticed by the Design Team. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (2,194 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, @Neo_Synthetic 

Can you upload your DxDiag for us please? The team has moved on to work on BFV with no plans for any updates for BF4 aside from server stability. Are you sure this is not related to your GPU driver potentially being outdated?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (2,155 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can revert it to pre-patch HUD by adjusting the colors in gameplay options.

Follow this guide to get your old HUD.

https://imgur.com/a/BPfDA#iP7NAfF

Message 3 of 8 (2,144 Views)

Community Manager

@WagaKinguCrimson 

Thanks for the Intel! Great tip. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (2,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry, this has nothing to do with my hardware. In fact, I don’t even play BF4 on PC. This is about official updates from EA. The design team decided to change the game’s UI/original look (through updates - as you can see in the pictures attached) and I am trying really hard to get it back. Here are a few more photos with examples by the way:

Message 5 of 8 (2,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Most of UI changes (not all) were introduced into the game when Community Test Environment was active. Community Test Environment is a separate client where DICE along with Community tested new features and updates before all these changes will be released for the retail version. I'm really sorry, but now it's impossible to revert all these changes. DICE team added a lot of UI customization options for players, so players can individually configure UI as they want.

UI menu was completely changed so players could easily switch between other Battlefield games, for example you can run Battlefield 1 from BF 4 if you have both games installed.

I completely understand you that you miss original UI, but we have what we have now and it can't be reverted. Since DICE is focused on BF V, they won't do anything for previous Battlefield games.

Message 6 of 8 (2,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nIII appreciate that you're being realistic. But I'll just keep trying.

Message 7 of 8 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII @WagaKinguCrimson @EA_Blueberry I made a new post on forums which I would greatly appreciate it if you could vote up/support. Here it is: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/profile/Neo_Synthetic

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (2,070 Views)