Battlefield 4 Transitioning Crash

by gabesayshi11

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Transitioning Crash

★★ Novice

Whenever i try to get on any server on BF4 (PC) the window goes white and does not respond so I end up closing it, and when i return to the battlelog it says transitioning.  I have reinstalled the game and restarted my PC but nothing seems to help.  

Message 1 of 12 (3,597 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Transitioning Crash

★★★ Novice

Everytime I join a server its fine for about 2-3 matches, then I get a white screen and my PS3 doesnt even turn off when I press the button, I have to turn off the power at the power point just to restart my PS3. 

Confusedmileymad:

@gabesayshi11 wrote:

Whenever i try to get on any server on BF4 (PC) the window goes white and does not respond so I end up closing it, and when i return to the battlelog it says transitioning.  I have reinstalled the game and restarted my PC but nothing seems to help.  

Message 2 of 12 (3,552 Views)

★ Novice

I am getting the same issue, i load up game, then it freezes... i have to open up task manager and kill BF4.exe.

Then i go see in internet explorer, it says ''TRANSITIONING''.....

Is there a patch coming up to fix these crashes ?

I just updates my video card from ATI.

DICE AND EA CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US ?????????

Thanks. Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 12 (3,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the same problem now.I can't even connect to a server without it crashing and that damn transitional message then on top of that you can't disconnect without using the task manager.Did anyone get a fix for this.I have never had problems before until now with bf4.

Message 4 of 12 (3,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I just loaded up the Winter Patch probably an hour ago and I've now developed this "Transitioning" bug/crash. I am searching the other forums to see if this has popped up anyway else with the recent patch.

Message 5 of 12 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just out of curiosity, what are you tech specs for your desktop or laptop?

Message 6 of 12 (3,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It started for me right after the latest Winter Update patch we got.

Message 7 of 12 (3,326 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem and I've spent solving this issue for 3 days now - WITHOUT ANY RESULTS! Tried reinstall windows from Win 8.1 to Win 7 (fresh install) then upgrade to Win 8, then again fresh installed Win 8.1 Pro x64 back again (all of them licenced and fully updated) with all official recent hardware drivers. I tried almost every possible way to "fix" all kind of bugs in BF4 I could found on forums (believe me).

I'm using latest omega drivers from AMD and Mantle, without mantle FPS aren't stable at all and much poorer performance (but they were before also on directx11 - before Winter Patch I guess).

I am 100% sure it got something to do with the game it self and in combination with AMD graphic cards and it's drivers.

Before the patch I remember I've recieved multiple times sound-loop crash.. but now with "new" patch a new crash error!

So please please get us a fix for this.

My specs:

i7 4771

16GB DDR3 1667MHz

Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB GDDR5

128GB SSD (OS) + 1TB HDD (BF4 installed on HDD)

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 - fully updated

Message 8 of 12 (3,244 Views)

★★ Novice

Im beginning to think once you spend the money buying the game....They say to hell with ya..... Love the game made it to lvl 100 before this * started happening..... And now they want me to buy HardLine....lol OK...Let me go do that right now!

Message 9 of 12 (3,211 Views)

★ Novice

disable aa

disable post aa

use dx11, mantle is buggy...

Message 10 of 12 (2,946 Views)