Battlefield 4 - Swimming Bug Resolved

by XXX_RealHelsing

Original Post

Battlefield 4 - Swimming Bug Resolved

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Swimming bug resolved

Hello fellow Battlefield 4 players. I feel your pain. I too ran into a problem swimming while under water during the SOUTH CHINA SEA campaign.

Scenario: You are tasked with finding a sinking ship’s hard drive, to see what may have happened. You pull a small boat into a hole in the hull of the ship. There you make your way to the hard drive. Along the way you need to go through a lower deck, which is beneath water. To do so, you must swim underwater and navigate to the appropriate location.

Problem: You start to swim and then get stuck. If you stop your forward progression, you are pushed backwards. This sequence adds nothing for your gaming experience. It only build hostility and frustration. I do not know why game developers even bother with such nonsense. The only reason I can think of is to make the game a bit more eerie, because you swim past floating corpses.

Resolution: Some people suggested pausing and then resuming the game. This will only get you so far. I found that you have to assign and use your look up, look down, look right, and look left key-binds. Don’t turn to the left, look towards your left, etc. After I did this, I was able to conquer the challenge in about 10 minutes and continue the game.

RealHelsing out …

Message 1 of 6 (61,753 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 - Swimming Bug Resolved

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for letting us know of a potential workaround for this @XXX_RealHelsing

- Andy -

Message 2 of 6 (61,715 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same here but 10 minutes is still infuriating.

So glad the next BF is almost here.

This bug is so stupid and it was ADDED to the game pretty recently. WTF?

Message 3 of 6 (61,704 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem. How long has this game been out? Is there no update to fix this? Pausing and resuming, hitting buttons, changing keys etc are all bandaids. Why has the developer not stepped in a fixed this?
Message 4 of 6 (61,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The problem still excists and changing keybinds or pausing the games dont really work on my pc... Sometimes it works when i use a controller instead of my keyboard...

Nice job here developers -,-

Message 5 of 6 (58,860 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic

Message 6 of 6 (58,562 Views)