Battlefield 4 - Slow loading maps / low fps

by TheStevieJ

Original Post

Battlefield 4 - Slow loading maps / low fps

★★★★ Novice

FX 8120 Processor

4gb ram

HD Radeon 7770 gpu

The map loading times take around 40-60 seconds more then the average player and I always join a game incredibly late, the same applies for battlefield 3 for me, and I have no idea why it takes me so long to load, is there a fix?

I am getting 40-50fps when running around then drops to 20-30 when in a firefight, it is unplayable and my system is more then powerful enough to exceed low graphics with no AA, and a resolution of 1360 x768. Is there any fix?

I am on the 13.10 beta 2 driver.

Message 1 of 10 (10,111 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 - Slow loading maps / low fps

★★★★ Novice

BUMP - Anyone :/?

Message 2 of 10 (9,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same card, i am able to run bf3 on high with around 50 fps but i cant play bf4 normally because of the frame drop

Message 3 of 10 (9,953 Views)

Hero

Dice is aware of the unusual low framerates we're getting and are looking into a solution. Let's hope they release a fix during the beta, because I want to know the exact framerate of this game on my sub-recommended system before purchasing the full game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 10 (9,944 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to know if and when it will be fixed also, it only seem's as if high high end computers experience little problems if any with fps, I know it's the beta, but atleast make it playable. 

Any info on these slow loading maps? It also happens to me in BF3.

Message 5 of 10 (9,808 Views)

Hero

Load times are related to the amount and speed of RAM. 4GB RAM is below the recommended requirement. Many players have 8GB RAM these days, so it's not unexpected that other players load faster.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 10 (9,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 24 GB or RAM and still have slow map loading..

Message 7 of 10 (7,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's better now. Apparently the first game loaded slowly. After that it goes a lot faster.

Message 8 of 10 (7,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry I have I5 4570 INTEL 4 gb ram and GeForce 760 gtx 4 gb video card and is too slow to load the map can be the hard drive

Message 9 of 10 (7,718 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue but I have 8 GB of RAM.  How can I ensure that the game is utilizing it?  I wonder this because it naturally installed into my Program Files (x86) folder which I can now not change.

Message 10 of 10 (7,215 Views)