Re: Battlefield 4 Rental server down

by TargetRainman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 Rental server down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When is rental servers going active again.

I have lost access to making any changes on my servers. Eg: map rotation, banned player, admins, anything

Message 1 of 16 (966 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @TargetRainman

Thanks for being patient with me on this. I heard back with some additional details, and I'm afraid that in-game support for Rental Servers has ended in Battlefield 4. As such, we no longer have a way to assist with resetting or restarting servers from our side. 

For more information on this please check out this thread from earlier this year: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Not-all-servers-or-rented-server-shown-in-server-browser/m-p...

Apologies that I had to be the bearer of bad news on this, but I appreciate your patience while I was looking into it. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (1,232 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @TargetRainman

If you're having some trouble with your rental server I'd recommend reaching out to the EA Help team. They may need to restart the server from their side to get it fixed for you. 

You can find more information on how to create a case with them at the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (945 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I did that. They referred me here. To the ea help section. I have a case # and they stated that they are not seeing any issues. I have multiple admins and everyone is having issues with the server. I would gladly give you admin rights if you want to check it out for yourself.
Message 3 of 16 (938 Views)

Community Manager

What's the case number from when you spoke with them? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent

Case# 54357810

I have multiple admins and ps4. Problem is on all units.

Message 5 of 16 (921 Views)

Community Manager

I appreciate that. Do you have any other Admins on that server? If so, could you see if they're able to try clearing out the ban list? I've seen some situations where having a large ban list can cause issues with other Admin privileges. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 16 (917 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent

We do have a large ban list. Lots of trolls these days... I will see if they can do that. I can not personally access the ban list or my admin list or my VIP list. What is the limit of banned people??
Message 7 of 16 (908 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent

No one can access ban list, admin list, or VIP list. Shows 0 for each... If I try to re add admin it states admin already exists. Is there anyway to clear server and do a fresh restart? We can manually re-add admins. I could care less about the ban list at this point.
Message 8 of 16 (897 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for checking that for me. I'll forward this up to the team and see if they can take a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 16 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_KentThank you very much... if there is a way just to reset to the original purchase state I can redo everything. that would be awesome. You have been a huge help. No one on EA customer service knew what to.do or recommend. It was very frustrating. I guess we will limit our ban list in the future.

Message 10 of 16 (886 Views)