Re: Battlefield 4 PS4 "You have lost connection to the server"

by killerwhalsam

Original Post

Battlefield 4 PS4 "You have lost connection to the server"

★★★ Newbie

We recently upgraded our internet from Rogers (I'm Canadian) and we were given a advanced wifi-modem from rogers called the CGN3ROG. The router works great, for the most part. The range is good, and I have much faster download/upload speeds than I ever did before.

The problem is, everytime I try to join a server on Battlefield 4 (PS4 version), it loads for 2 seconds, goes into a black screen and says "I have lost connection to the server". So I cannot even play multiplayer what so ever. I have a NAT type 2. I have tried to open specific ports I found on EA, with still no luck (The wifi-modem only supports 10 Port entries). The only solution I found was to create a static IP for my Ps4 and put that IP address into the DMZ setting and I can confirm that worked, but I was wondering if there was another way around this because sometimes I bring my PS4 when travelling and when I come home I have to do everything all over again with the static IP.

I checked my firewall settings and they are on the minimum security setting so it should be okay. I also tried to disable UPNP with still no luck. I have run out of solutions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 18 (23,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. Rogers, in Canada and I have the model below your modem I believe.

I have tried everything. Nothing works. It worked fine for about 3 weeks and then all of the sudden it stopped. I tried opening ports manually and creating a static ip. That didn't work. So I went the DMZ route, that didn't work either. It's the only game I have issues with now.

Do you have premium and all of the DLC's? I deleted mine last night and tried the game without any DLC and made it into servers.I don't know if it was coincidence or what but I've installed the DLC's again and can't connect.

Edit: I've got something else that seems to have worked. There is a port you need open on your router or modem. Here's the link I found: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769687756421/ Seems to have worked for me. Good luck!
Message 2 of 18 (23,321 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Soooo is does it come up sayin something about not being able to open battlepacks?? Cause with mine, it was doing the same thing. And to make a long story short, come to fine out, my 2 year old router was not able to keep with my ps4. Everything was fine on the ps3, but apparently these newer next gen systems need a faster router. A good way to determine if its that, is to use the psn app on your phone or tablet. With mine, i couldnt connect to the psn app with my tablet at all. Then when i switched my phone from 4g to my wifi at home, it couldnt connect either. But it could with 4g. So try that. If your app, using your router, cant connect, its your router...good luck!

Message 3 of 18 (23,304 Views)

★ Novice

You're not alone. I live in Sweden though. My game worked basically flawless until I decided to have a break right after some time when the Dragon's teeth DLC came.

Now some more people want to play (they don't have any problems) I get this all the time. Sometimes I can enter a match but not finish it properly bc I get kicked with this message.

I opened up all the ports I read on the forums / youtube etc.

The funny thing it has always worked.. I was FORCED though to download a bug update around 3GB (3.17GB i think) or else I was not allowed to play MP.

I'm frustated >.<

Message 4 of 18 (23,302 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try port fowarding - portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Battlefield_4

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.

If I solved the problem give me Brownie Points by marking it as a Soloution

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA | DO NOT SHARE EA ACCOUNT INFO ON THE FORUM
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 5 of 18 (23,300 Views)

★ Novice

if your on PSN just update your password from account management then it should work  and if anybody wants to play add me on ps3 OHHKILLEM60

Message 6 of 18 (23,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing ,works.Tried opening ports,DMZ,different router,etc.etc.Only trouble i have is EA BT 4 premium.All other games work flawlessly.Will not be purchasing anymore until they acknowledge its their fault and i will try to get a refund for BT4 premium as it is not fit for purpose under consumer law.

Message 7 of 18 (22,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same problem. I recently got rogers "advanced wifi" modem and now every 5 minutes in game I get the "Connection to the server has been lost. Please check your internet connection or try again later.". It was fine before I got the advanced wifi version, the other router (looks exactly the same) worked fine.

Really annoying, I can only get max like 10 minutes in game before it happens. I am on PC.

Message 8 of 18 (22,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thought I would join in. I started having this problem ever since that one BF4 update. Can't remember when it was. I tried everything and nothing works. This includes port forwarding in the modem settings as well as using different applications. Anyone has had any luck?

Message 9 of 18 (22,604 Views)

★ Novice

The frustration has reached its highest level,  I can not play anymore, I have tried everything possible I found online, I even changed the modem!!! still the same and that started happening since the last update,  obviously they did somethinng from their end but what really bothers me is that it seems like they dont give * about all this complains. There are tons of people expereincing the same issue but nothing has been done so far. For me BF4 came to an end, as much as I had a good time playing it I am VERY disappointed of ea.......

Message 10 of 18 (20,108 Views)