Battlefield 4 [PC] won't launch

by praetorian565

Original Post

Battlefield 4 [PC] won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey folks,

I recently purchased the digital version of BF4 from origin.  It seems to install correctly but everytime I try to launch the game, nothing happens.  I've tried reinstalling it but the problem persists... What should I do?

Oh I'm using Windows 7 64bit edition FYI.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 79 (149,999 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 [PC] won't launch

★★★★★ Novice

What are your specs? How is anyone supposed to help you with only knowing your OS?

Message 2 of 79 (149,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

What exactly is the error you are getting?

Does the game crash when loading? Can you play the single player campaign at all?

Please provide more details of your graphics card, Ram, etc and you'll get better advice.

Here's a few common problem fixes:

If you cannot start the game at all and never have then check the following:

-make sure that you've updated your drivers to latest version (go to Nvidia website)

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin. In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.

-That you've installed latest version of punkbuster (punkbuster.com).

- make sure that your firewall isn't preventing game from launching.

-Reinstall DirectX.

1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

EDIT: Fixed install path.

-If you are using a 64bit operating system make sure you're running the X64 version of the game.
Start Origin, Right Click on BF4 game to select 'game properties', and choose X64 in the 'when launching this game' drop down menu.

-Your Microsoft C++ redistributables (or lack of certain ones) might be causing the problem.
1. Download this file - download link http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html [softpedia.com]
2. Run the file.
3. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.
4. Restart PC
5. Try to play the game now.
The above file installs all the C++ redistributables in one package. Windows update can sometimes miss some of them which prevents the game from starting and causes it to crash while loading (the whitescreen and error message your getting).

If any of this helps add a reply so others can also be helped.

Message 3 of 79 (149,268 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello all. My computer keeps hanging up at the loading screen just before entering the game. It does this in sp/mp. I'm able to see the three flashing lights at the top right (loading lights?) and they just keep flashing. Eventually the music stops playing and I'm left with just the photo art and the flashing lights. Anyone ever encounter this?

My specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83
8.2 Gb RAM
GeForce GTX 460
Microsoft 7 Ultimate x64
139.8 GB storage

DirectX, PB, and GPU Drivers are all up to date

Nov 14th Patch did not fix the issue.

Message 4 of 79 (149,252 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried all of this, never worked

Message 5 of 79 (148,680 Views)

★ Novice

im having the same issue idont know what to do iv done every thing you said all my other games still run but battlefield 4 doesnt.

my specs

geforce gt 650m

intellr rore i7-3610qm

cpu 2.3ghz 12.00gm ram

windows 7

everything is up to date also

Message 6 of 79 (147,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having same issue , I am running nvidia gtx 770,   i7 processor 8 gig of ram. When I try to enter the game it says loading and never does anything. I have tried the suggestions.    No worky    battlefied 3 works perfect.

@praetorian565 wrote:

Hey folks,

I recently purchased the digital version of BF4 from origin.  It seems to install correctly but everytime I try to launch the game, nothing happens.  I've tried reinstalling it but the problem persists... What should I do?

Oh I'm using Windows 7 64bit edition FYI.

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 79 (146,973 Views)

Joining Server Stuck

★★ Novice

I Recived A Copy Of BF4 For Christmas And Had Problems Installing It, Now I Have Problems Opening The Game As It Is Stuck On The Joining Server Menu On The Battlelog. Please May You Help Me Thanks In Advance!

PC Specs,

Alienware 14x (2010 Model),

Windows 8.1,

Tritton Headset,

Bose Surrond Sound Systom

BTW Saying All This As The Problem May To Do With One Of These Things.

Message 8 of 79 (145,565 Views)

Re: Joining Server Stuck

Hero (Retired)

Hi, what graphics card is in your Alienware? Can you play the sinlge player campaign mode ok? 

As well as updating your graphics card drivers you should check the following:

-Reinstall Punkbuster.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and select pbsv.exe . Choose 'reinstall'

- make sure that your firewall/anti virus isn't preventing the game, Punkbuster or Origin from launching.
Also check the quality of your internet connection.

- Make sure you download and install the latest Battlelog plugins.
First uninstall old Battlelog plugin by going to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" and removing "battlelog web plugin".
Then log in using Origin and go to battlelog page where you'll be prompted to download latest web plugin.
After you have installed it you should clear your cache, exit your browser. Then restart your browser, and then re-login to Origin to ensure proper install.
If this doesn't work then you should try a different browser (Chrome/Maxthon/Firefox, etc)

-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

If it still does not work then.............

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

You can also.........

-Try running the game in Windows compatibility mode.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 > Right mouse click bf4.exe > scroll to 'properties' . Choose 'Compatibility' and select from options.

-Uninstall and Reinstall Origin. https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin

If it STILL does not work then............................

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

I know its a long list of things to try but they might help you out. Is they do then please leave a comment/XP point  Wink

Message 9 of 79 (145,542 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been able to run Battlefield 4 a several times (may be 3 or 4). But most of the time the game would not launch. Instead I just get flickering black screen. I am using Windows 8.

Please Help.

Message 10 of 79 (144,725 Views)