Battlefield 4 PC - Constant stuttering and sound lag.

by XAVIZA

Original Post

Battlefield 4 PC - Constant stuttering and sound lag.

★ Novice

I bought the game on the 29th for my PC, and when I play, I get random freezes sometimes, a lot of stuttering, and a hell of a lot of sound lag. (For instance, if I get hit with an RPG, the sound of the RPG's impact replays over and over for a couple seconds, or when I hear a command such as "Enemy spotted" or "Tank sighted", it will repeat itself in a horribly corrupt sounding loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's almost made me want to just play Battlefield 3 it's so bad.

Message 1 of 10 (5,183 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 PC - Constant stuttering and sound lag.

★★★★★ Novice

Hi

We have a similar problem on xbox aswell. EA will probably soon fix this when they have dealt with the battlepacks/unlocks/levelling up bug.

Message 2 of 10 (5,159 Views)

★ Novice

I forgot to add this, I'm sorry:

FX 6100

GTX 660 TI 2GB

8GB DDR3

Message 3 of 10 (5,153 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problems and MSI after burner shows that my gpu usage a lot of times bounces around no matter what setting I choose, it's like Dice forgot to optimize the game for the nvidia cards before they released the game.

my specs are:

i5-750(3.6 Ghz)

GTX470 1GB

4 gb of DDR 3

Message 4 of 10 (5,148 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the exact same problem.  The game is basically unplayable if you're at all a competetive gamer such as myself.  Not that I'm happy you are having a problem, but I'm glad to know I am not the only one.

My system specs:

AMD FX Vishera (4.0 Ghz) 8 Core

Nvidia MSI GTX680 4gb (dedicated to graphics)

Nvidia EVGA GTX670 2gb (dedicated to physx)

16 GB RAM

Message 5 of 10 (4,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This sucks ! Glad I'm not the only one, it lags and freezes .. OHMYGAWD 

Message 6 of 10 (4,545 Views)

★ Novice

I searched around to find a solution for this problem on PC and eventually found something that seems to have fixed it for me.

I use an intel i7 950 processor which is a quadcore. Windows 7 has a built in core parking system that parks unused cores to save power. There is a way to tell windows to keep running these cores. It needs to be done through the registry but there is an easier way. Visit: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility and download this utility. Read up though to prevent making mistakes. Just to be clear: unparking your cores can't in anyway damage them. You just wake them up from a sleep mode. I hope this works for some of you as it did for me.

Grt Eulogy

Message 7 of 10 (3,985 Views)

★ Novice

I tried that method but it failed, what did work for me though was setting the priority level on the bf4 exe to low through task manager after launching the game, and that removed all lag, at least in the single player

Message 8 of 10 (3,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am starting to give up on battelfield 4 as i couldnt play the game that i had payed £40 for as i had a problem with origin and some proxy settings for a whole month and now when i get origin working i cant play the game as it runs at 9 FPS and i get constant sound loop! The game is completely un-playable.

My Specs:

AMD FX 6300

DDR3 2133MHz 8GB ram

Gigabyte R9 270X windforce graphics card

Someone please tell me why this is happening as i have tried everything; reinstalling BF4 and installing new display drivers for example i cant think what it could be. It worked perfectly fine before my origin stopped workingFrown

Message 9 of 10 (3,081 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello,

As of this moment all the freezes and craches are fixed, only the netcode still sucks.

I will see you on the battlefield!
Koen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Accepteer een oplossing als het probleem verholpen is. XP is altijd welkom en is altijd fijn om te krijgen. Ik werk niet voor EA of doe iets samen met EA. Vragen horen hier op het Answer HQ en niet in mijn PM box.

Message 10 of 10 (3,078 Views)