Re: Battlefield 4 Not Launching. Starts up with DirectX error.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 Not Launching. Starts up with DirectX error.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EDIT: Fixed as of this edit... by reinstalling Windows 10. AKA a solution I was not happy with. Of course I could have waited and seen if I had gotten any answers here, but I'm surprised everything I had done didn't fix anything. I'm assuming it was a registry issue, as I had Windows 10 "keep personal files". I had wanted to rule everything out and a reinstall was my last resort, unless someone had suggested whatever here, but a reinstall did fix my issue. Guaranteed fix, even. For you time travellers who find this in the future.

Hello. I'm currently trying to play Battlefield 4 after upgrading my GPU about a month ago; from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 2070 Super.

I currently get this error when launching the game, when it actually wants to open. If it does not open, my Origin launcher minimizes, and then maximizes after a couple of seconds. Event viewer tells me nothing, only that it's skipping the install of the directx, etc in the __Installer folder.

I have cleaned Origin cache, reinstalled BF4 several times, same with Origin. I have tried to edit the PROFSAVE_profile file, as well as deleting it (and it doesn't come back after attempting to launch the game.) I have also rolled back my NVIDIA driver from 445.87 to 432.00, which changes nothing, even using DDU (Display Driver uninstaller).

I have attached my DxDiag.txt.

Message 1 of 2 (549 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
@Aeswere Thanks for that update and glad to hear its working. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (443 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@Aeswere Thanks for that update and glad to hear its working. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 2 (444 Views)