Re: Battlefield 4 Lag and Rubber banding problems

by SAMCRO_GB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 Lag and Rubber banding problems

★★★ Newbie
Ever since that one update a few months ago, my Battlefield 4 games have been filled with Rubber banding, Lag, and Server disconnects. These problems have been an continuing problem in the normal Battlefield 4 maps and even worse in the China Rising and Second assault maps? Now because of these problems, I am afraid to even try the Naval Strike maps and have tried several things to try and fix any connection problems, from reducing the Network Smoothing Factor to 0, to turning off any other devices that use the Wifi, yet still, the Lag remains.

Is DICE or EA going to fix these problems soon? Any news from them that would tell us when they will fix this? Or are they just going to leave us in the dark like they always do about these things?
Message 1 of 5 (597 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Have you done all this already? If not give it a try as it has fixed it for others .......

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check your windows for errors:

This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow 2X in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format :/ But after format and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you out? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution so others know it worked.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (493 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

DICE is continuously working on the stability of the game connectivity and client. Could you please provide us some detailed information about your hardware as well as your internet connection and installed protection software? Have you already tried to re-install the game?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 5 (519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed lately and from reading different forums its not just one system having the issues. I use xbox 360 with a 10mbs connection and that is all I use it for is xbox. I play all my other games including COD ghost just fine. There is a major issue going on that needs to be looked at. I love BF over COD but lately I have been so upset when trying to play BF that I might just sell it. Help us the people that enjoy BF4 have a great game experience. 

Message 3 of 5 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Have you done all this already? If not give it a try as it has fixed it for others .......

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check your windows for errors:

This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow 2X in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format :/ But after format and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you out? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution so others know it worked.

Message 4 of 5 (494 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have had all the same issues and tried every thing to resolve them . However nothing seems to work i find that playing the game is very frustrating. Apart from when the game first came out with bug issues its been playing ok..But over the last week or so its been almost unplayable at times..Please fix soonest thanx.

Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)