Re: Battlefield 4 Is Restarting My PC

by PR-Guard

Original Post

★★ Novice

Did you try run Furmark and Prime95 at the same time. 
Everyone with this problem should stress test the system as this problem comes when cpu and gpu gets near 100% So go back to your 30% overclock and do this !!!

Message 21 of 30 (1,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same things happens to me i can play other games as long as i desire. And when i play bf4 it crashes, i can play it at in diffrent periods i can play for 1hr to 2hrs then sometimes 10 minutes 20 minutes or as soon as i join i crash.i asked friend which they said that it could be windows 7 (i have windows 7)because bf4 is more compatble with windows 8(so i have heard) then i thought that it was my drivers i updated them it still crashed so i turned up the fans played on low and nothng was working then someone said to me that my graphics card might be fryed but i dont know if it is i am kinda new to comnputers so i am not really sure so if anyone knows what i should do please message them to me which will be much appreciated also it seems to crash straight away on operation locker. my pc specs:Amd Phenom(tm) II X4 Processor 3.20GHz |12GB RAM|AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series Psu-all i know is that its 500w which i dont know if its powerful enough to run bf4 

Message 22 of 30 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same things happens to me I can play other games as long as I desire. And when I play bf4 it crashes, I can play it  in different periods I can play for 1hr to 2hrs then sometimes 10 minutes 20 minutes or as soon as I join I crash asked friends they said that it could be windows 7 (I have windows 7)because bf4 is more compatible with windows 8(so I have heard) then I thought that it was My drivers I updated them it still crashed so I turned up the fans played on low and nothing was working then someone said to me that My graphics card might be fryed but I don't know if it is I am kind new to computers so I am not really sure. so if anyone knows what I should do please message them to me which will be much appreciated also it seems to crash straight away on operation locker. My PC specs:Mad Phenol(tm) II X4 Processor 3.20GHz |12GB RAM|MAD Radon HAD 5700 Series| PSU-all I know is that its 500w| which I don't know if its powerful enough to run bf4 

Message 23 of 30 (1,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@MrShirt wrote:

About 3 hours ago my BF4 went from running just fine and crashing intermittently, to going to black screen and the automatic restart of my PC.  The game does not freeze/lag/artifact, it runs perfectly fine for a very short period of time and then instantly restarts my PC.  I played for about 5 hours this morning without an issue, I switched over to TF2 for several hours, and then into Diablo 3 with no issues.  As soon as I tried to play BF4 again the restarts began.  The intermittent crashes I could handle, they really didn't bother me.  However this restarting my PC is unacceptable.  I can make it about 2 minutes into a game before it restarts my whole rig.  And if I launch the game through Nvidia Experience it instantly restarts my PC.  Every driver that I have is up to date.  Everything that I have been reading for the last 3 hours is pointing towards my PSU, however, if that really was the case, why doesn't this crash/restart happen with the 8 other games that I play for hours on end daily.  I am betting on either an Nvidia driver issue(at least in my case), or something wrong in the game itself.  I'm not buying the faulty PSU assumption.  I have run the repair for my digital download through Origin and it claims that nothing is out of order with the game.  I have run the vcredist 64 and 86 applications, and still have the restarting issue.  I have also re-updated my DirectX and my PunkBuster.  I don't know what else to do, so instead of tearing my hair out trying to troubleshoot this more I decided to post my problem here.  I hope someone out there can help me come up with a logical solution to this issue that myself and many others appear to be having.

Thank you for your time.

System Specs:

Win8 64bit

MSI NF980-G65 Mainboard

Geforce GTX760OC

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Many SSD's

AMD 3.4Ghz Phenom II x4

Corsair HX750W PSU

The same things happens to me I can play other games as long as I desire. And when I play bf4 it crashes, I can play it at in different periods I can play for 1hr to 2hrs then sometimes 10 minutes 20 minutes or as soon as I join I crash asked friend which they said that it could be windows 7 (I have windows 7)because bf4 is more compatible with windows 8(so I have heard) then I thought that it was My drivers I updated them it still crashed so I turned up the fans played on low and nothing was working then someone said to me that My graphics card might be fryer but I don't know if it is I am kind new to computers so I am not really sure so if anyone knows what I should do please message them to me which will be much appreciated also it seems to crash straight away on operation locker. My PC specs:Mad Phenol(tm) II X4 Processor 3.20GHz |12GB RAM|MAD Radon HAD 5700 Series Us-all I know is that its 500w which I don't know if its powerful enough to run bf4 

Message 24 of 30 (1,155 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue laste night but i think its the game (bf4)because i had months to play this game and nothing was wrong till last nigt .My other games are simulations and very gpu- cpu demanding games in the other hand my rig is handling bf4 very easy , i play it in ultra graphics in high fps numbers.

My pc specs: Windows 7 64bit, intel core i7 26oo 3.40 GHz. Memory DDR3 dual channel 16gb. Gpu :Asus Radeon R9 290 directcu II OC, psu 850 w

Message 25 of 30 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree with you .Try not to play it (bf4) for a while and you will see that your pc is just fine.Just wait till they solve the issue about 3 months Standard smile

Message 26 of 30 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same to me i abandoned the game and i am fine now with my demanding simulations playing like a charm!

Message 27 of 30 (918 Views)

★ Apprentice

It randomly restarts my PC as well. No problem with any other game. Wish I spend my money on alcohol rather than this.

Message 28 of 30 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

me to after 10 min. playing pc restarting.

Message 29 of 30 (355 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 30 of 30 (342 Views)