Re: Battlefield 4 Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used

by drbloodthrone

Original Post

Battlefield 4 Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used

★★★ Newbie

I get this error message at the game main menu player are still fine however it won't remeber multiplayer controls, sensitivity, or brightness so every time i get on i have to change them.

Message 1 of 25 (3,972 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used

★★★ Novice
This is my exact same problem. It is driving me **bleep**ing nuts
Message 2 of 25 (3,633 Views)

★★★ Novice

HELP!!!!   Every time I start BF4 I will get this error message: "Your player profile has been damaged, and some things cannot be recovered." Awards, textures, designs, sensitivity, and all important profile data are locked  -  although I can see them being unlocked at the same time on the PC at Battlelog.com!!!

This S****T started happening, I think, after the last update that was done - I want to say maybe a week or two ago.

Please, FIX this BULLCRAP error!!! Very, VERY ANNOYING!

Message 3 of 25 (3,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Found the solution (xBox 360) for BF4 game:

I deleted my user data from the hard drive, and then booted up the game again. I was then prompted to sign into my EA account again.

My user data is/was all backed up server side as well as on battlelog.

The only problem with this method is/was, you will probably have to set up all your loadouts again. But better having to do it only ONCE more than having to do it EVERY time you play the game.

Hope that helps you!

Message 4 of 25 (3,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay man, ill try it. i wish someone from EA would give me this suggestion, instead of not replying to anything people post on this forum. this is seriously wack customer service. like, horrendous even. basically the worst. 

Message 5 of 25 (3,567 Views)

"Existing player profile data appears to be damaged a cannot be used"

★★★ Newbie
You know I'm really, really struggling with this game. I have played since bf3 so not that long and I have bought premuim but this, this is about the last straw. Everytime i load battlefield four it says that message and then I have to do the screen adjust
thing and set my brightness etc etc then when i join a game every one of my things are reset and I have to go through and reset them and every once in a while it will tell me i have not unlocked anything. I thought at first this would be a one time deal but then it happend again, then a third fourth and fith and so on . It has been maybe four days now . It sure dosent improve my mood either my disc got laser burn so my game crashes and my internet is suckin for some reason (not dices fault ) so i can't play battlefield for more then 15 minutes maybe. I am really, really hoping someone will give me a response as what to do because I am a little bit pissed off and about feed up with this game. Please help
Message 6 of 25 (3,159 Views)

"Existing player profile settings appear to be damaged and cannot be used" ?What? Help!!!

★ Newbie

Damaged Profile Settings...  Everytime that I go to start up my BF4 game it goes through the necessary loading until it gets to loading profile, then it pops up an error saying "Existing player profile settings appear to be damaged and cannot be used" I can get past this but it resets my profile and acts like I just started the game. I have to set my vertical and horizontal TV views and all of my options for my game. I have all of my weapons, EXP and stats, but none of my game settings. I spoke with an XBOX rep and we went thru all kinds of procedures from cleaning my storage cache to erasing and reinstalling both my player profile and my latest game update.  This issue only started today so I am completely confused since the download installed originally yesterday. Please help me if you can, I am looking for answers and have no place to get them...

Message 7 of 25 (3,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried this but didnt seem to work

Message 8 of 25 (3,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok not sure if i did it can someone please explain how to fix it i didnt get a message to sign back into ea so i think i did it wrong

Message 9 of 25 (3,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lefty~

if you want me to walk you through the steps, send me a message next time I'm online (xBox). My gamer tag is....

th3pr0chief

And yes, that's a ZERO before chief. Hit me up, and I'll help you get it done!

I'm usually online after 5pm Pacific Time.....

Message 10 of 25 (3,244 Views)