Re: Battlefield 4 - DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason

by Yurych_Z

Original Post

Battlefield 4 - DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason

★★ Novice

I know, there are a lot fo topics with that problem, but a didn't  find any reasonable solution.

DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

Intel HD graphics 3000. Driver 9.17.0010.4101 1/30/2015 16:29:32

Haven't played for 3-4 months. Haven't changed anything. Need some help.

Message 1 of 8 (652 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Yurych_Z the point is, the game is not even suppose to run with an Intel HD onboard GPU chip. You need to have a dedicated videocard in order to play BF4 and this error message is usually (not always) related to missing system requirements: 512 MB AMD Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better

Could you please provide us the full insight in your system hardware, you can just post your Dxdiag via hastebin or hide it in a spoiler tag: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 8 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I  played BF4 all that year. I had a pause for 2 or 3 months. I launched BF4 recently and found that problem. I have no idea what had happened. HW and soft are the same. 

Message 3 of 8 (625 Views)

@Yurych_Z okay it seems like that there is an AMD Radeon ATI 6700M in your notebook but it might be that the GPU is not triggered by Battlefield anymore aka deactivated as the ATI car won't show up at the beginning of your DXDIAG. Please make sure that you have the latest Catalyst drivers installed on your system: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

You can create a custom profile for Battlefield in your Catalyst AMD driver suite where you can choose the Battlefield4.exe and mark the check-box to run only with your high speed GPU rather than operate with your Intel onboard chip. Alternatively,. you can just right-click on the BF4.exe and choose "start with high speed graphic accelerator" or force the application to run only with your AMD Gpu with a right-click on BF4.exe -> properties. Please let us know if you need further or more detailed instructions regarding the mentioned workaround.

Cheers
Basti

Message 4 of 8 (605 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok. It's sad, but it seems I need further and VERY detailed instructions. The driver was up to date.

Message 5 of 8 (592 Views)

@Yurych_Z there is a very good and detailed article on the HP website regarding your issue as well as ATI Catalyst and laptop GPU's: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03048374

Do you mind to check this page out? You will find some pictures and workarounds which should lead you in the right section of your Catalyst driver suite.

Cheers

Basti

Message 6 of 8 (584 Views)

★★ Novice

I did everything was described. But it didn't help.

Message 7 of 8 (549 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just uninstall direct x from the battlefield folder and when you go to join a game it will pompt you to reinstall it and then just follow the steps. I wish i could give the steps how to remove direct x but im not on my gaming rig atm. Hit me up if you need help.

Cheers,

The Cherno Sniper

Message 8 of 8 (543 Views)