Battlefield 4 - China Rising You need to download and install this expansion

by Zane_KaAyO_19

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 - China Rising You need to download and install this expansion

★★★ Newbie

you are the hero of the hour, worked for me too (Second Assault, Xpack0), many thx!!!

Message 11 of 24 (2,672 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 - China Rising You need to download and install this expansion

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much for this answer, i was afraid i had to reinstall the whole game + expansions !

Message 12 of 24 (2,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This didnt work, but thats not the only problem, i cant get the orgin login screen to show up, so the only way i can test to see if can join a server is by just clicking on battlefield 4 and going to the battlelog. One other thing is that this information i have was transfered from my old hardrive (which is now dead). PLEASE HELP. Im the only one here who hasnt got this fixed. I was able to play both expansions on the other hardrive.

Message 13 of 24 (2,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

help please. ..

Message 14 of 24 (2,639 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Okay I would recommend to manual uninstall Origin to get rid off all registry entries.

To manually uninstall Origin, you will need to edit your system registry and remove the folders in a two-part process. This will remove all traces of Origin from your system. Origin players on Mac systems should click here for MacOS Manual Uninstallation steps.

NOTE: If you remove Origin, you will lose accessibility and playability to any downloaded games and manuals until you reinstall Origin.

Remember that editing your computer's registry or files incorrectly can severely damage your operating system. We recommend having a computer professional perform these steps. If you are confident, however, that you can edit your registry successfully, then please follow the instructions below carefully.

Remove the Origin program files:

1. From the Start menu, select Computer.
  2. Select the hard drive; by default, Origin is installed on the C: drive.
  3. Select the Program Files folder; on 64bit systems, this will be called Program Files (x86).
  4. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Backup the Windows registry:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R.
  2. At the Run command, type regedit and select OK.
  3. Select File, then Export.
  4. Under Export Range, select All.
  5. Choose a location and name for the backup file, then select Save.

Remove the Origin registry keys:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
  2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
    On 64bit systems, expand the Wow6432node folder.
  3. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.
  4. Expand the Microsoft folder.
  5. Expand the Windows folder.
  6. Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
  7. Expand the Uninstall folder.
  8. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Remove the Origin program cache:

1. From the Start menu, select Computer.
  2. Select the C: drive.
  3. Select the ProgramData folder.  If this folder does not appear, press Alt, select Tools, then Folder Options.  Select the View tab, then check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
  4. Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Origin has now been completely removed from your system.

Please keep us updated.

Basit

Message 15 of 24 (2,628 Views)

★★ Novice

It solved, but, why is this happening, and why EA or DICE didn't put an end to this, if it's so simple?

Message 16 of 24 (2,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Getting same issue... Tried both still doesnt work... Wtf do I do?

I'm on Windows 8 if that changes anything...

Message 17 of 24 (2,175 Views)

★ Novice

Worked, THX

Message 18 of 24 (1,867 Views)

★ Novice

December 2014 and this still a bug.

Thanks, this topic solved my problem.

Message 19 of 24 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG! Thank you soo much, this helped allot, it works now!

Message 20 of 24 (1,639 Views)