Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

by ChazorHD

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

★★★ Novice

I tried your way and the game gets to the saving screen and them stops.

It closes by itself and i get a message saying "game disconnected something went wrong."

Message 31 of 44 (4,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This helped me!
ATI HD 4870

THX,spudsheram! :heart:

Message 32 of 44 (4,250 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ETIENNE_ALEXEI wrote:

SAme problem here ......

In fact I changed my video driver Nvidia GTX650 ti 2 gb , at  331.40 and after one session of  game or so I send the error, but that's not all ....

Now the bf3 does not work, send the same error after minutes of playing, I've found that having installed my nvidia 314.22 driver I have no problems with bf3.

But I can not play if you do not update bf4 beta,at 331.40 driver ... meaning that fix a problem with bf4 at times, but one more serious genre with bf3.

final and no refund'll ask ...I will not have money for  better card ...please help EA .

My pc :

Motherboard : Msi 970A-G46

cpu : Amd Phenom 980 deneb black edition 3.7 ghz ( no overlock)

gpu: Nvidia Geforce gtx650 ti 2 gb.

ram: kingston Hiperx 8 gm 1600 

Hard disk : 1 tb

so. windows 7 64 bits ultimate 

Latest windows updates

Direcx 11

I know that feel bro. I am running the same exact card and 314.22 seems the most stable for me and has been for 6 months now but I am no able to play BF4 without the update(bye 314.22). And after playing with BF4 for 3 days I got the error. tried to boot up BF3, got the same **bleep**. I tried other games i had(non origin) and that hanged my pc.

I'm guessing its the drivers. I still need a fix tho.

Message 33 of 44 (4,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a GTX 295 and was having this directx crash from day 1 of the beta. I had updated everything, using Nvidia drivers 331.40. I went to Add/Remove programs in and uninstalled the Geforce Experience. After that I had no more errors and could load into a server. This is a relief, I've been thinking the whole time I was going to be forced into an upgrade I don't really think I need yet.

System: Win7 x64- Up to date and legitimate

I7-930 at stock speeds with a Noctua dual fan cooler

12 gb of ddr3 stock speeds

EVGA GTX 295OC slightly underclocked for stability

Fix: Installed updated Nvidia drivers, 331.40, and after a clean install (custom), removed Geforce Experience. I tested the game after clean install, no go, crashed with INVALID ARG message that we're all so familiar with. Decided I'd trim down the Nvidia software to see if any one component was jacking it up. It just so happens that in my case it was. After uninstalling that particular bit of the Nvidia software I launched right into a game. No rebooting required.

Message 34 of 44 (3,775 Views)

★★ Novice

i have 

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU,  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
and i have been trying 2 get this beta 2 work every single day... always with the same error: DirectX error
.i have tried almost everything.. dont know what 2 do next..
.help?

Message 35 of 44 (3,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine was the HD Graphics one

Message 36 of 44 (3,422 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There is no support for the Intel HD video chip. 

Message 37 of 44 (3,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Carbonic wrote:

Well, there's not much I can help with when not even the manufacturer supports the card anymore. I would suggest getting a new graphics card, even the low budget ones should be better than a 4850 - I know it's a lousy solution but there's not really much else I can think of.

Btw. if you bought the game on Origin and BF4 doesn't work when it's released you can get a refund for free within 24 ours of first trying to play the game.

How can you say that the card 4850 isn't supported when the game minimum requirements is a AMD 3870 (which is my card)? i play Battlefield 3 well, but not 4. there must be another reason, and solutions.

Message 38 of 44 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same Problem here.

It crashes after starting...

Seems like an old problem - if I google that direct X error I ll find work arounds for BF3.

Doesnt work for me. Even BF3 shows the same error now. Well done.

Direct X deleted and reinstalled - Check!
ATI Catalyst removed (with CC Cleaner) and reinstalled - Check!
Settings folder created, changed the "GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality" to one - Check!
Smash my head in to my keyboard a few times - Check!
Reinstalled BF4 - Check!
Retryed anything - Check!
Remeberd the ending of Mass Effect 3 and my vow to never buy a EA game again - Check!
Vowed again - Check!
Set up a CSS Server to kill some neewbs - Check!
Getting powned by neebs - Check!

Specs: Doesnt realy matter, cuz this screw up bug is known for many origin games - but what the heck:
Win 8 Pro 64 bit
AMD Phenom X4 820
ATI Radeon 4600 (with updated drivers, even if BF is still saying that the 10.1 version is installed, witch it issnt)
12 GB DDR 3
Samsung SSD 840 Pro

Message 39 of 44 (1,291 Views)

★ Novice

just ranned debug mode on visualstudio 2010 

now i can play the game!!!!

Message 40 of 44 (1,015 Views)