Battlefield 4 BETA stays loading forever!

by sk8masterpro

Original Post

Battlefield 4 BETA stays loading forever!

★★★ Newbie

Hello, my laptop doesn't seem to run the BF4 BETA since the map Siege of Shanghai keeps loading for ages and I get kicked from punk buster...

I know this is not a problem with my internet: 32MBPS.

And it is not a problem with my laptop

Alienware m14x boosted:

Speed: 3.2GHz

Ram: 16GB

Video card: 2GB

Software: Windows 8

Message 1 of 8 (10,523 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 BETA stays loading forever!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

What driver are you on? Because from what i've experienced the new beta drivers from nVIDIA are useless on some cards and make the game unplayable/unstable or what not (my 460GTX & 650M SLI turned into slideshows with the new ones). In other words try rolling back to 320.49(http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

PS: someone somewhere on the forums tested that updating to Windows 8.1 also improves performance significantly, so maybe that would help also, provided that the problem is video related :D 

Hope this helps 

Message 2 of 8 (10,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Go on punkbuster.com and download it, add BF4 as game, check for update and install! and Whoalla it´s fixed.

Message 3 of 8 (10,445 Views)

★ Apprentice

You have a Core 2 Duo or any other processor with 2 cores?

Message 4 of 8 (10,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem, even updated punkbuster ! Game jsut loads and loads a level forever and i can never actually play. Good thing i didn't pre-order I guess lol !  

My specs are:

AMD A10 3.2ghz turbo

8gb DDR3 1600

7970m 2gb 

Message 5 of 8 (10,341 Views)

★★ Novice

I do believe it is a driver problem, I had problems as well, but the newest released driver didn't work, the Beta one did. There is a post for the beta drivers. Hope it helps!

Message 6 of 8 (10,328 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem with long loading times
I am running windows 7 64bit with service pack
I7 6 core @4.5 ghz
32gig ram
Evga gtx 780
And all drivers up to date
So machine performance is not an issue but still very slow or not loading at all sometimes. The load ive had has been way over a minute still other gams load a lot faster
Message 7 of 8 (9,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Problem.

The not loading game issue I solved by going to:   punkbuster.com, updated to newest version and "added battlefield 4" to game list

Next, for lag/choppy game play, I updated to Nvidia 330.*** beta driver (I forgot last 2-3 numbers).  (I have a GTX 690).

Since doing above, absolutely no issues, can actually play BF4 beta like normal, and have settings at "Ultra" again like for BF3.

Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 8 (6,428 Views)