BattleField 4 is not installed

by SquarerFive

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BattleField 4 is not installed

★★★★ Novice

I was playing Battlefield 4 until it closed and said "Internet Connection Lost". Then I tried to re-launch BF4 and it said that it was not installed, I have checked the folder and its 70GB which is fine and I have checked the Registry as well to see if it was set to the right location. I have re installed Origin and had no success. Any Tips to fix this? I do not want to download the whole 70GB again.

Message 1 of 26 (1,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BattleField 4 is not installed

Hero (Retired)

Hello @SquarerFive @cjstone27 @Thatmen00 @lll-xXFeArXx-lll

Today I had a similar situation. In my Library Battlefield 4 shows as a non- installed. Then, I click on Download button, Origin checked my BF4 files (about 26 Gb) and it's all. Then I was able to play Battlefield 4.  I didn't have any downloads. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 26 (1,791 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

same here any one fixed it?

Message 2 of 26 (1,625 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got it too, but not with the lost internet connection thing. I just wanted to play the game and it said I had to dowload it but I already did....

Message 3 of 26 (1,606 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Who is fixing this because I'm going to lose my * over this.

Message 4 of 26 (1,599 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @SquarerFive @cjstone27 @Thatmen00 @lll-xXFeArXx-lll

Today I had a similar situation. In my Library Battlefield 4 shows as a non- installed. Then, I click on Download button, Origin checked my BF4 files (about 26 Gb) and it's all. Then I was able to play Battlefield 4.  I didn't have any downloads. 

Message 5 of 26 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, I hope it gets sorted very soon!

Message 6 of 26 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I clicked on the download button, I had to fill in those things and it started downloading. And yeah the dowloading goes fast as hell, but I don't want the game twice on my computer.

Message 7 of 26 (1,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They definitely have fuxored something on their end

I have my games split on different drives. Fortunately I figured something out. Did the reinstall, which goes to a drive my already installed BF4 is not on. Exited origin. Copied over my files from the other drive. Reopened Origin, and went from 1% to 95%. Reinstalling something it thinks was missing, but seems to be fixing itself now. I have a feeling this is because they are doing away with the web interface from the site, and moving to the in-game browse like BF1.

Game loads fine now. Hopefully this helps others if they want to make a copy to a new drive to try and fix theirs. I wouldn't recommend installing over the same files, but you might get lucky and have no issue afterwards. I still have a copy of the old files on the other drive just in case now,

Message 8 of 26 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try changing the Game libary... after the update it changed my Games libary to C:// drive... and my games are not on that drive... change it back and set it to download... and then it should just check the files and bring you right back in to the game

Message 9 of 26 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not good with computers and I can barely understand what you saying. So is it better for me to wait untill they have made the same laucher as the bf1 thing? Cause I'm afraid that I will ruinin my Originthing. The fear is their because I ruined my Steam already and I can't fix that...

Message 10 of 26 (1,576 Views)