BattleField 4 Stuck in background processes

by minibray123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BattleField 4 Stuck in background processes

★ Novice

Okay so I've been having a problem that a lot of people have been having. Battlefield 4 keeps getting stuck in background processes whenever I try to start it, but Battlefield 1 works. The annoying part is I am NOT in Windows 10 AU, Just Regular Windows 10 where ti usually works. I got it to work once before but I can't open it anymore not even for Test Range of Campaign. Please help I just got all of the Dlc's and I've been wanting to play for so long!

Message 1 of 5 (1,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BattleField 4 Stuck in background processes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue as the OP, although I have the Windows 10 AU and I have been dealing with this for about a week. I have a 4690k, a GTX 970 and 16gigs of ram so that rules out the specs. I have been playing the game for a couple of years as well with no issues.

I tried a clean boot, I have disabled my firewall, I have restarted the router, I have tried disabling UPnP, I have all the ports needed opened with a program called Smart Port Forwarding, tried running Origin beta, tried running origin as an admin and other possible fixes I found online. None of them worked. Also tried contacting support but the ticket was stuck loading for a couple hours so I gave up.

I would appreciate some help.

EDIT: Found a fix! https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/13592/bf4-not-launching-windows-10-anniversery-updat... Just hopped in a game.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,731 Views)

All Replies

@minibray123 wrote:

Okay so I've been having a problem that a lot of people have been having. Battlefield 4 keeps getting stuck in background processes whenever I try to start it, but Battlefield 1 works. The annoying part is I am NOT in Windows 10 AU, Just Regular Windows 10 where ti usually works. I got it to work once before but I can't open it anymore not even for Test Range of Campaign. Please help I just got all of the Dlc's and I've been wanting to play for so long!

What are your PC specs so we can rule out the minimum specs as a potential cause of this problem? Have you started Origin as an admin and run a repair of BF4 in Origin yet?  If you kill BF4.exe via the task manager are you able to play or does the problem repeat itself when you restart? And finally are you using the plugin launcher in Battlelog or the Plugin free launcher in Battlelog to launch BF4? You can check in your Battlelog options shown in the screenshot below:

Untitled.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 5 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same issue as the OP, although I have the Windows 10 AU and I have been dealing with this for about a week. I have a 4690k, a GTX 970 and 16gigs of ram so that rules out the specs. I have been playing the game for a couple of years as well with no issues.

I tried a clean boot, I have disabled my firewall, I have restarted the router, I have tried disabling UPnP, I have all the ports needed opened with a program called Smart Port Forwarding, tried running Origin beta, tried running origin as an admin and other possible fixes I found online. None of them worked. Also tried contacting support but the ticket was stuck loading for a couple hours so I gave up.

I would appreciate some help.

EDIT: Found a fix! https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/13592/bf4-not-launching-windows-10-anniversery-updat... Just hopped in a game.

Message 3 of 5 (1,732 Views)

★ Novice

Okay it randomly fixed with a new update from microsoft so I hope it will keep working! Thanks!

Message 4 of 5 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie
fixed it by deleting the bfh folder in documents, where all the settings are stored.
Message 5 of 5 (1,244 Views)