Battle Field 4 freezes when I try and load a server with DLC maps which I own

by FaT-CaptainFritz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battle Field 4 freezes when I try and load a server with DLC maps which I own

★★★ Newbie

Pretty much the title, I own BF4 premium and cannot play the Premium maps even though I own the content. I can play all the base maps with no issue. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5 (975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battle Field 4 freezes when I try and load a server with DLC maps which I ow

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey @FaT-CaptainFritz 

Posted & @2042isNotBF !

Did you try this? 

Run the game as Administrator:

Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to properties, then compatibility and check the box next to run this program as administrator .
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to run as admin.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off,
Origin, settings, General.

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit,
1- open origin and go to My Games,
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties,
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game,
4- Hit apply reboot your PC and then test your BF4.

Reboot PC and test BF4!

If you still crash see information below.

Try a clean boot: run a Clean Boothttp://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Below are programs known to make issues in BF4.

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gig's ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default, RivaTunerSteam, Skype, Overwolf extra program in Teamspeak are known to make issues as well and I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

If all this fails to fix it then try this:

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4.

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does not remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1 - Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now,
2 - Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again,
3 - Repair BF4,
4 - When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

I do not working for EA, If answer was good please Grant XP or accept as Solution! Tag me if you need help!

Thanks for using EA Answer HQ!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (928 Views)

All Replies

Re: Battle Field 4 freezes when I try and load a server with DLC maps which I ow

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @FaT-CaptainFritz ,

It sounds like that you didnt yet download and install all these extra DLC maps?

After you have installed the base BF4 package, then you actually need to install all the additional DLC map bundles on top, one by one!

Message 2 of 5 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey @FaT-CaptainFritz 

Posted & @2042isNotBF !

Did you try this? 

Run the game as Administrator:

Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to properties, then compatibility and check the box next to run this program as administrator .
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to run as admin.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off,
Origin, settings, General.

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit,
1- open origin and go to My Games,
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties,
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game,
4- Hit apply reboot your PC and then test your BF4.

Reboot PC and test BF4!

If you still crash see information below.

Try a clean boot: run a Clean Boothttp://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
This should ensure that no programs are interfering in the background.

Below are programs known to make issues in BF4.

Disable Mantle if you have it and try Direct X, Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing Deferred in video card settings in game. If you have page file turned off then turn it back on as this can make errors even with 32gig's ram.

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4. Also look at other programs as Asus Game First Service, Razer synapse, Razer Cortex, Qualcomm Killer Service, EVGA Precision, Geforce experience, be sure to turn off the streaming function that is enabled by default, RivaTunerSteam, Skype, Overwolf extra program in Teamspeak are known to make issues as well and I am sure more programs not in my list yet turn one off at a time and test BF4.

Uninstall the HD Audio Driver from the video card driver install add/remove programs. This silly thing makes issues in BF4 for some. Reboot then repair BF4 to be safe.

If all this fails to fix it then try this:

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4.

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does not remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1 - Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now,
2 - Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again,
3 - Repair BF4,
4 - When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

I do not working for EA, If answer was good please Grant XP or accept as Solution! Tag me if you need help!

Thanks for using EA Answer HQ!

Message 3 of 5 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I’m having this issue where when switching to a different server it will freeze as soon as I get to the loading screen. Do I have to uninstall HD audio driver I noticed there’s an option in the bios to just disable it?

Message 4 of 5 (583 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @AlexUA6, did you try the above?

/Atic

Message 5 of 5 (535 Views)