Banned from Battlelog this morning - how to determine why I was banned?

by havik2k

Original Post

Banned from Battlelog this morning - how to determine why I was banned?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is there a way to determine why I received the following ban message this morning when trying to log in to Battlelog:

"You have been banned from Battlelog. If you believe this was done in error, please contact Customer Services."

I have sent an email from the email account registered with the account to accountdisputes@ea.com but I've read it may take a while for a response.

I did check my email including the spam box and did not receive any warning or info on the ban reason.

I have not made any offensive posts, offensive emblems, cheating or hacks, or have any compliants against me that I'm aware of.

Just an average player of Battlefield 4 & Battlefield 3 for almost 2 years.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 15 (2,887 Views)

Re: Banned from Battlelog this morning - how to determine why I was banned?

You should have received an email stating why you were banned but since you checked your spam box you already understood that.  Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do for you here on a public forum.  That being said below is everything that you need to know including how to appeal a ban.  Be advised that temporary Battlelog bans are not subject to appea.  I looked at your battlelog page and since you don't have the "BANNED" banner across your soldier pictures you most likely do not have a perma ban.

Regarding the reason that you were banned, it could be anything that violates the EA ToS such as posting of vulgarity, calling names, etc on the forums to in game behavior, or even spamming someone on Battlelog repeatedly to include "Hooah spamming".  Below is a link to the ToS which will more fully explain the possible reasons.

From EA_AgentX
I’ve been banned from posting on Battlelog – What do I do?
Take a break, go for a walk, play some Battlefield – it’s not a big deal. We’re not mad at you, you’re not in trouble – you just need a break. Do not post or complain about your ban. This will result in an extension of your ban. Temporary bans are not subject to appeal. If you feel that you have been long-termed banned incorrectly please contact us at help.ea.com.

Being temporarily banned from posting on Battlelog means that you have broken the rules of the forum or have not been participating in a constructive fashion. Please review the rules and guidelines as posted above. A short-term ban is our way of preventing further disruptive behavior and asking you to reexamine your behavior.

Being temporarily banned from posting on Battlelog will not prevent you from accessing your game. In extreme cases of misconduct, you will additionally be banned from playing the game.

Please review our Terms of Service
Details of the EA Terms of Service can be found here:
http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/ [tos.ea.com]

While the EA Terms of Service is detailed and specific (and you should read it), as long as you adhere to the guidelines written above you will be fine.

Thanks for taking part in the ever growing Battlefield community. We hope you will enjoy your stay.

/The DICE team

Battlelog Ban  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348539676586/

If you believe your EA account and/or persona has been incorrectly suspended/banned and you would like to dispute this action, please contact support at accountdisputes @ ea.com from your registered email address.

***Note: If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban with PunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

https://help.ea.com/article/punkbuster-bans-and-violations

In the Subject of your email, please write "Banned/Suspended Account - Game/Product Name - Persona Name".
In the Body of your email, please include the following information:

Your Information:
First Name & Last Name:
Game/Product Name:
Persona Name:
Banned or Suspended:
Error/Notification Message received (if any):
Details of your dispute:

Each account and/or persona is reviewed on a case by case basis. Though we make every effort to address these inquiries in less than 24 hours, we ask that you please be patient as it may take some additional time to do a full investigation.

Please note: The majority of banned or suspended accounts are only suspended temporarily. Find more information about the length of your suspension by checking the email address associated with your account.

Do not PM Admins/Mods on the EA Forums/Answer HQ or request them as Friends to appeal your suspension.

If you do, please note, abusive language, harassment, threats or the like will be forwarded to the TOS team for further action.

Follow the steps above to appeal your suspension. Creation of additional accounts to circumvent this action WILL result in all accounts linked to you being reported for violation of the Terms of Service and could result in removal of entitlements/online access.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 15 (2,818 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate you taking time to provide this info.

I did review the Terms of Service & couldn't figure out the reason for the ban. I always treat players/admins/EA with respect. I've even received compliments from strangers for being a nice player.  Very strange indeed.

I understand sometimes things like this mistakenly happen but the biggest issue I have is I can't log into Battlelog to play Battlefield 4 on servers unless there is another way I'm not aware of.

Here's hoping for a quick response from EA. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 15 (2,813 Views)

Only the account dispute email will be able to help resolve your ban.  However if you just want to know the reason for the ban a Game Advisor at EA Customer support "may" be able to help if they put the reason on your account.  I can't give any guarentees that they will know anything but you can always give them a try.  I would also recommend resending your email to the account dispute email making sure that your email has all of the information outlined above.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

I recommend that you use the telephone option and the “call me” option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time (call back feature available to North America only).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 15 (2,808 Views)

★★ Novice

Confusedmileyhappy: I actually tried the Game Advisor this morning and got the following response:

I am sorry but I am unable to provide you any information about this issue, accountdisputes are the only one who can help you with this problem. I am really sorry and I understand your frustration.

I will send another email if I don't hear from them tomorrow.

I do appreciate you confirming I have explored the options available to me & see if there were any other options to login to play.

Looks like I have some time to finish the Single Player Campaign in Offline mode.

Thanks again & I hope you have a good day.

Message 5 of 15 (2,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

happened to me as well, sounds like it happeens far to much! 

Message 6 of 15 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i got this message on battelog You have been banned from Battlelog. If you believe this was done in error, please contact Customer Services  but i dont know what's the reason i did to have this ban can u please check my battelog and tell me why i got ban my ID hamza_Dz1

Message 7 of 15 (1,021 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ocrsmith @havik2k @hamza_Dz1 If your account was hacked in the last bit this will show up to help keep your account safe from the hacker please see info below....

For anyone who got this on Battlelog..."You have been banned from Battlelog. If you believe this was done in error, please contact Customer Services". Then please do this...

Follow the Steps to contacting an EA Game Adviser to fix this :

1 Click here to go to the EA contact page. http://help.ea.com/en/

Note: Top left pick your Country :]

2 Select your game and platform, Then click next.
3 Select a topic and write about your problem.
4 Click next and select your preferred contact method.
5 Ask for a callback if you can as it is fast when I used it.

Or use this

You can contact EA here: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

http://help.ea.com/ca/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center/#contact

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-contact-ea-help-about-fraudulent-charges/

The call back feature available to North America, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Switzerland, and the UK.

Message 8 of 15 (1,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yas i did follow everything u said but i just want to know if i got banned for good or ist temporary and becuase they take to much time to replay i know i have to wait but i just need my answer

Message 9 of 15 (999 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hamza_Dz1 if it is a ban due to security on your account then it can be removed. Was your account hacked in the last bit?

Message 10 of 15 (986 Views)