Re: Banned for Chargeback

by Buzzworthy6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for Chargeback

★★★★ Novice

So I got a $75 charge on my CC from EA.com odd I havn't bought anything recently, logged into origin nope no purchase history for $75, checked emails nope no email purchase confirmation so I contacted Live Chat and they were unable to see any purchases on my origin/ea account for that amount and advised me to charge back with my bank. So by insigating a chargebak I had to cancel my cc and all that jaz with the bank standard bank policy. All good no issues..... or so i thought. it's now some days later. I go to login after work on Friday and battlelog says ... Banned/Suspended contact customer service if you think this is in error..... wtf banned i say ... so after arguments and bs with live chat I have to email accountdisputes, done. 

No response as yet, I assume it will take a few days. 

Now.

What gets me is that if the charge does not relate to any purchse in my order history or on my account at all, why on earth would i receive a ban for a charge back for a purchase that does not exist .. not only does this ban include Battlelog, it includes all EA services other than this page and my ability to login to origin to look at my account. I can play games that have no online component but if it requires login account banned message.

This is without a doubt beyond the joke.

EA your ban hammer is too big, and without the common courtesy to email me to say that I have been banned for xyz reason... what gives.

Hope this gets sorted soon.

Peace.

Message 1 of 9 (14,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Expert

If you were banned ,an email informing you of your ban and the duration of your ban was sent to the email address that you've used for your origin account. 

If you don't see it in your inbox ,do check your spam\bulk folder for the email.

If you believe your EA account and/or persona has been incorrectly suspended/banned and you would like to dispute this action, please contact support from your registered email address.

***Note: If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban withPunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

Click here https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (17,936 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

If you were banned ,an email informing you of your ban and the duration of your ban was sent to the email address that you've used for your origin account. 

If you don't see it in your inbox ,do check your spam\bulk folder for the email.

If you believe your EA account and/or persona has been incorrectly suspended/banned and you would like to dispute this action, please contact support from your registered email address.

***Note: If you were banned by Punkbuster or GGC-Stream, please know that EA Support cannot assist with unbanning your account. Learn more about disputing a ban withPunkBuster or GGC-Stream.

Click here https://help.ea.com/article/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 9 (17,937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

srsly jaysenoracle, that copy paste spam of yours helps no one.

Message 3 of 9 (14,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@hocney wrote:

srsly jaysenoracle, that copy paste spam of yours helps no one.

Each account and/or persona is reviewed on a case by case basis. Though we make every effort to address these inquiries in less than 24 hours, we ask that you please be patient as it may take some additional time to do a full investigation.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/FIFA-14/message-id/41703

My cut and paste helps quite a lot of gamers just not you.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlelog-Ban/m-p/1804281#M40283

Message 4 of 9 (14,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know why i was banned. I guess this isnt the place for pointing out that the EA ban hammer is large and over powered and not properly regulated.

Message 5 of 9 (14,102 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Take this to EA Forum http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list.page

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 9 (14,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

HAD THIS EXACT PROBLEM TOO MATE

Message 7 of 9 (14,053 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So EA's Response is below I got this a couple of days ago and I also replied to it immediately as it is lunacy, make of it what you will but to me they didnt even read my email to them stating that I charged back $75 and why I did it not to mention the numerour live chat sessions I have had regarding my account. But now to say that it was for FIFA .. ahh FIFA doesn't even cost $75 ... there is no hope in hell this is getting sorted out when I have to deal with monkeys like this from account disputes. 

Dear Customer

Email addressFrownemail withheld)

Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that has been taken on your Origin account.

We have now completed our investigation into your query and upon review of your case, we can see that your game was disabled due to a chargeback against your account. <---- you think, I told you that in my email to you gg EA

Having completed a thorough investigation into your account and the complaint that you have made, we must advise that your account was actioned correctly, in full compliance with our policies and procedures. <-- Real thorough you even read the email I sent you in the first instace didn't you.

In order to be able to play FIFA 14 you will need to repurchase the game from an Authorized retailer. When purchasing EA Games please ensure that you are purchasing from an Authorized retailer or recognized Digital Distribution Service such as Origin. <--- I never purchased FIFA 14 so why would I repurchase FIFA 14 and for $75 thats more than it actually costs from the Origin client ... see thorough investigation section.

Once you have repurchased the game please contact our EA Customer Support via https://help.ea.com/ <-- Who wont help me anyway and redirect me to accountdisputes@ea.com .. update your templates.

Please be aware that EA takes chargebacks very seriously and further occurrences of this nature may ultimately result in permanent account closure of your account. <-- So do I, don't charge me for things I never purchased.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. As a valued customer, your feedback is very important to us. <-- BS

Yours sincerely,

(Repname withheld)
EA Customer Service

EA.com Customer Relations

Message 8 of 9 (13,996 Views)

★★ Novice

Someone charged over 200 USD worth of expenses for FIFA14 including the game and two ultimate team coin packs worth 100 each and EA says they can fix this by giving me a charge back. Low and behold I can't log into any of my games for PS4 Madden, Battlefield, and very funny FIFA 14. Good thing they told me I was gonna be banned. I know I'm beating a dead horse but they are the worst company in the world, well done Forbes.

Message 9 of 9 (13,957 Views)