Re: BF4 will not work on PC

by subnetyutter

Original Post

BF4 will not work on PC

★★★ Newbie

I try and run BF4 but it will not load once I select join server. I am not even able to play the campaign. Just sits and tries to join. Never opens the actual game.

Message 1 of 6 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

Likewise and spent 3 hours with support for nothing. Very sorry on there part and actually bull**bleep** they are not offering anything for those who cant even play.

Message 2 of 6 (482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They arent doing anything to help fix this or even know what the problem is?

Message 3 of 6 (472 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Are you using Comodo AV?  It seems to block something that prevents the game from running, I"ll dig up the link if you are using Comodo.

Otherwise, if you have this issue, like I and others do, there does not appear to be a fix at the moment.  For curiosity, I installed Windows and the game on a spare drive I had and it works fine on my hardware but I haven't had time to try and figure out what is breaking it.  Have wasted so much time trying all kinds of crazy things to get the game running on my day to day hard drive and have had no luck.  I've resorted to swapping drives when I want to play, hardly what I would consider an acceptable solution and it's a major PITA.

The latest client update didn't help the situation.  Perhaps the next one...?  Whenever that might be...

Message 4 of 6 (459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had that problem yesterday with server page open click tools then internet options then security then click on the green checkmark trusted sites click sites tab then add address thats there  and uncheck require server verification hope that helps

Message 5 of 6 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What are your PC specs?

Message 6 of 6 (438 Views)