BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

by photon_man62

Original Post

Re: BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

★★★ Newbie

Install error solution for me.

Windows 8.1 x64

GTX 760

Don't know why but it appears at least for me that the origins downloaded directx redistributable has either a corrupt or incorrectly signed cab file. So i did the following.

Go download the directx_June2010_redist.exe from microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109.

Run it and extract it to a folder, like c:\temp\DX or something.

Copy the extracted files over the top of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist" or whereever your origins install is storing it's installer files. 

After that try to launch the install again.

Message 21 of 59 (5,017 Views)

Re: BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

★ Novice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjtsVb5I3s

follow this youtube link 

its for bf3 but still works

Message 22 of 59 (5,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

store, installing this and it hangs at 35%. with 26:48 remaining. been like this for 3 hours. reinstall and hangs at 35% with remaining 26:20 ( woo-hoo 28 seconds). I didnt get no pop up errors just looks like its is not instlaling. even switched DVD rom drives still hanging up.

Message 23 of 59 (4,899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Just to say thank you.

I too have the disc version but once you have typed your key in it gives you the option through origin to download the game which is what I did then followed the above instructions from drpleaser

go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

then make a new folder, and then take every file EXCEPT:

1.) DXSETUP.exe

2.) DSETUP.DLL

3.) DSETUP32.DLL

and move them into the new folder so you just have: C:\Pro... ...ectx\redist containing:

1.) NEW_FOLDER

2.) DXSETUP.exe

3.) DSETUP.DLL

4.) DSETUP32.DLL

Thank you

Message 24 of 59 (4,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm a couple weeks late to the party here, but for other peoples' sake who have been dealing with this problem:

For some of you (like myself), simply moving those files out of \redist seems like it won't work.

You need to kill a process called Touchup.exe, even if you kill Origin, Touchup continues to run. This is what deals with the directx installation and if it doesn't get restarted, changing the files won't have any effect.

Hope this helps some others!

Message 25 of 59 (4,718 Views)

★★ Novice

Thx you saved my life

Message 26 of 59 (4,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Original solution worked like a charm.. THANKS!! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 27 of 59 (4,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. It finally worked!

Message 28 of 59 (4,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much this also helped with the titanfall beta!

Message 29 of 59 (4,587 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you this worked great!

Message 30 of 59 (4,400 Views)