Re: BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

by chodaaboy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When installing BF4, I keep getting an error at 20%.

"DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occurred."

Tried running Origin as admin. Didn't help. I uninstalled my previous drivers then did a clean install of the new AMD beta drivers. Didn't help. Next I tried running the DX11 redistributable that comes with the BF4 installer manually (run as administrator). Here's the error it throws up.

http://postimg.org/image/cc7ysza0n/

Basically, the DX redist that comes with the BF4 installer tries to install an old version, and that causes an error. I tried running the official MS redist, then installing BF4 again, and that didn't help either. I also tried moving BF4's redist to another directory, hoping the installer would skip it, but then it throws up another error.

I'm out of options. Only logical way seems to be reverting to an old version of DX11 and then installing BF4's version, but that's not possible. Thanks if anyone has any tips.

Message 1 of 59 (92,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 stops installing at 20%, throws up a DirectX internal error (tries to install outdated DX11)

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out with help from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo

Just go to the origin install folder (for me it was in program files (x86) / origin games/ battlefield 4 beta/ installer/directx/redist)

In the redist folder, just make a new folder, and then take every file EXCEPT  DXSETUP.exe , DSETUP.DLL AND DSETUP32.DLL  and move them into the new folder.

It should install normally now

View in thread

Message 2 of 59 (95,401 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out with help from this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo

Just go to the origin install folder (for me it was in program files (x86) / origin games/ battlefield 4 beta/ installer/directx/redist)

In the redist folder, just make a new folder, and then take every file EXCEPT  DXSETUP.exe , DSETUP.DLL AND DSETUP32.DLL  and move them into the new folder.

It should install normally now

Message 2 of 59 (95,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Perfect. Leaving those 3 files in the directory fixed the problem. Thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 59 (91,798 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried that and it didn't help me at all. I'm still suffering from that error and I have been trying to fix it for 2 days now.. is there anything else I can do :S ?

Message 4 of 59 (91,351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, It works now!

Message 5 of 59 (90,175 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i have this same problem.

by moving the old files to a new folder I now am able to click install and it stops briefly at 20%, then it completes. however, nothing has changed! :O

I am still being prompted to "install", I would like for some help from EA on this issue. This is becoming rediculous. 

BTW; I am installing from the disk. and why is it that if i shut down origin it looses the entire copy of battlefield 4? like i go to programfiles(x86)/origingames and it shows me battlefield 4 is there. and there is -26gb on my harddrive. BUT when I exit origin, all the BF4 data is removed! And there is no evidence of BF4 having ever been copied to the origingames directory. 

Message 6 of 59 (90,042 Views)

Re: BF4 stops installing at 20% tried youtube solution found still gives me an error

★★★ Newbie

I've tried the youtube link shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umR5vLcPwo

I'm on windows 8 and I have a feeling they broke the installer for directX for windows 8 as it seems everyone on windows 7 is not having any problems at all. Please help btw I'm using the disc version of the game.

Message 7 of 59 (89,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm using windows 64 bit and to solve this I just run the DXSetup.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist and the installation was finished.

Message 8 of 59 (89,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, the game installs to 20%. then jumps to 40% then nothing. 

EA how do I fix this?

Message 9 of 59 (88,800 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Next time I wont by game on launch date...

I´ve been installingin and installing for 6 hours now...

Can you please make it work EA? Standard smile

Message 10 of 59 (88,675 Views)