BF4 spawn crashing!!

by K4M4N

Original Post

BF4 spawn crashing!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys! I bought and installed bf4 yesterday and after playing the campaign for about 5 hours i attempted an online match but my game crashes about 30 seconds after deployment every time, i dont get any messages from origin or the bf4 servers it just crashes.

ps i get a similar crash after playing on the test range but it takes a little longer, about 5 mins before crash. 

I've tried  various fixes including turning off my firewall and repairing my installation. 

pc-

8gb ram

radeon hd 6850(patched and up to date)

win 7 (64) 

would really appreciate some ideas and fixes ty in advance

Message 1 of 4 (1,597 Views)

Re: BF4 spawn crashing!!

Hero (Retired)

Hi K4M4N, here are some fixes I often post:

Drivers:
-make sure that you've updated your drivers to latest version.
If its Nvidia then go to the Nvidia website and download the latest graphics driver. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
If AMD then go to its website and do the same. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Choose a 'clean install' (usually in the advanced install options)

If the problem only began after updating your graphics driver then try reverting to a previous driver (again choosing 'clean install)
If using Mantle drivers on AMD and crashing in X64 version then -Go to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings and delete the file "PROFSAVE_profile" (or you could just move it somewhere else on your PC for safekeeping).This will also reset keybindings and graphics settings so you will need to do them again when you launch the game.

Punkbuster:
-Reinstall Punkbuster.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and select pbsv.exe . Choose 'reinstall'
Install advice for Punkbuster https://help.ea.com/uk/article/punkbuster-technical-issues

Run everything as Admin:
-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR.
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Run Origin as Administrator
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatability tab and tick the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

DirectX . .Net and C++:
-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and right click on it and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRTOR. Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then follow onscreen prompts.
Do the same with vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Let me know how you get on.

Message 2 of 4 (1,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

wow! its still exactley the same...

ty poohstick but i tried all the fixes mentioned above with no success. I thought this game would be more stable 7 months after release  :manfrustrated:

reinstalled bf4 

repaired c++ 

reinstalled .net and divx

manually reinstalled punkbuster from their website

tryed playing with bf4.exe, bf4(84).exe and origin as admins (didntwork)

disabled origin in game and tryed again and it still crashes within the first 30 second of spawning with no black screen and no error msgs frm the server or origin. any other ideas? reinstalled bf3 yesterday which is still working fine :/

Message 3 of 4 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Honestly, I just haven't played the game anymore. Waste of 20$ I guess.

Message 4 of 4 (1,479 Views)