BF4 on PC very weird artifacts(?) 48+player CQLarge only

by EviI_Twin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 on PC very weird artifacts(?) 48+player CQLarge only

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't describe it properly so here is the issue in Video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sMJlO5uARA&list=UUN753dT-1eqGkwv3JyhQXbg

Has anyone ever experienced this? I always play at a locked 60fps no dips, but lately I've been getting this really weird issue. I join any 48+ player server of conquest large on any large map, everything is fine for about a minute or less and suddenly the game freezes for a sec, jumps into windowed mode and then this happens.. Nothing is out of the ordinary right before it happens, CPU and GPU load are both fine at around 80%, temps are around 50 to 60 degrees Celsius. Putting both cpu and gpu at stock clock speeds doesn't help, neither does lowering the graphics settings a bit. This only happens in BF4 so I don't think it's hardware related. But I can't find anything on the Internet that might cause it either. On the software side I've been trough a few gpu driver updates in the past weeks already and I tried fully re-installing the graphics driver. I also tried repairing BF4 trough Origin. (I think re installing the game would have the same effect, but I haven't tried that yet) Otherwise, nothing seems to fix this rather annoying and unplayable issue. So if you have any suggestions on what I could try I would appreciate it! Standard smile

System specs:

CPU: i5 2500K @4.3 Ghz

GPU: MSI GTX 760 HAWK

Windows 8.1

Message 1 of 5 (413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 on PC very weird artifacts(?) 48+player CQLarge only

For the slight 1 second freezing do you have Origin in game enabled? If you do please disable it as it's known to cause this problem. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings". Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

Regarding your other problem, I've heard more than a few Win8 users say that their problems go away if they run BF4.exe in Win7 compatibility mode. You might want to try that and see if you see any improvement.

Also are you running any programs like MSI Afterburner, Razer Cortex or Raptr? If you are try disabling those one at a time to see if that is contributing to the problem since those programs sometimes do not play well with BF4.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (406 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Anyone ever experienced this and know how to solve it?

Message 2 of 5 (408 Views)

For the slight 1 second freezing do you have Origin in game enabled? If you do please disable it as it's known to cause this problem. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings". Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

Regarding your other problem, I've heard more than a few Win8 users say that their problems go away if they run BF4.exe in Win7 compatibility mode. You might want to try that and see if you see any improvement.

Also are you running any programs like MSI Afterburner, Razer Cortex or Raptr? If you are try disabling those one at a time to see if that is contributing to the problem since those programs sometimes do not play well with BF4.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 5 (407 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot for the suggestions ragnarok013! Standard smile I think I solved it by either turning off MSI Afterburner or running the game in Windows 7 compatibilitymode. I'm not sure because I also reinstalled the whole game just before I tried both solutions. But ever since I did I've been playing 4 matches without any issues.. So I'll try to figure out for myself what eventually caused it.. 

Message 4 of 5 (395 Views)

Very nice, here's to playing BF4 without any recurring problems! See you on the battlefield!

Message 5 of 5 (389 Views)