Re: BF4 not "finalizing" installation, getting kicked by PB

by IIDaZzuII

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 not "finalizing" installation, getting kicked by PB

★ Novice

So after my trial expired I purchased Bf4 premium, and now after the game finished installing and i try to run, I get a window pops up asking if I want to run the game before everything is finished downloading. But everything IS finished. it shows a complete green status bar with just a % symbol and no number. I can open the game, but the loading screen is black, no BF4 screen like there usually is where it says Welcome to the Battlefield, and Personalizing game for you. I have been able to join some servers and play, but usually after 1 game if i try to join a different server I get kicked by PB without reason, and Im assuming it has to do with the game not being "complete" I tried repairing the game last night, which led me to get error messages and being unable to play the game at all. Today I tried repair again a few times, and suddenly I was able to play the game again (though with the same issue of it being "incomplete") so nothing was totally fixed it seems. I attached a screenshot of the message I get when I load the game, and also what I was getting after attempting to repair.

Message 1 of 2 (839 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi @KurtTopson!

Head over the battlefield 4 installation directory and look for the _Installer directory. Then you need to reinstall Punkbuster, Vc and direct x from the respective directories.

Let me know if this solve your issue!

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (816 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @KurtTopson!

Head over the battlefield 4 installation directory and look for the _Installer directory. Then you need to reinstall Punkbuster, Vc and direct x from the respective directories.

Let me know if this solve your issue!

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 2 (817 Views)