BF4 loads, has audio but no video

by beeacat

Original Post

BF4 loads, has audio but no video

★★★ Newbie

The platform I am playing BF4 on is PC.

I am currently experiencing an issue which I encountered after the first update I received for the game. After logging on to Origin, getting to Battlelog and trying to start Campaign or Test Range using the appropriate links on Battlelog, the game loads as it should with BF4 running. This progress and status of loading is also reflected in the bottom of the browser in Battlelog where it displays messages such as "Loading Level", "Logging in" and so on. However, once all the loading is supposed to have been complete as displayed on Battlelog and I switch back to the window for BF4, I see nothing displayed on the screen except for the game's cursor. Game audio can be heard but nothing else is seen on the screen. The display is black with the game's cursor as mentioned. However, the cursor does not seem as if it is displayed as it should, as it appears to flicker many times a second.

What seems to be the problem? I was initially able to play BF4's Test Range immediately after installation, without issues, but once the first update was downloaded and installed, I was never able to play it because of the problems as described above. As to which update it was, I am unsure. This is because I bought BF4 sometime after it was released. I somehow suspect this to be linked to the graphics since video does not appear but audio does but I have no way to confirm this suspicion or solve the issue.

Perhaps as an additional note, I have played BF3 on the same system with no issues except when for the game was initially released.

I am currently playing on a Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 laptop which has the following specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Intel Core i7-2670QM

8.00gb of RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7690M

As my graphics are switchable between using the integrated and discrete graphics for different programs, I have always set BF4 use the HD 7690M when it is run.

Do hope to hear from all of you soon.

Message 1 of 1 (330 Views)