Re: BF4 keeps putting computer to Sleep Mode, shutting off monitor

by woodside869

Original Post

Hero

500W is the absolute minimum for a R9 380, considering PSU's get less effective over time I guess it could cause this issue for you @Heratiki

carbonic signature

Message 11 of 16 (1,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but for me it happens ALOT when i use the ACE 23 gun in BF4. But when i use a different gun it doesn't turn off anywhere near as often. It also happens on the map "HANIAN RESORT" when i parachute. It also happens on ARMA 3 when i go into first person in certain helicopters at night time. I think its something with my graphics card but idk anything about computers except how to turn it on. 

Message 12 of 16 (963 Views)

Community Manager

@joel13576 That's quite odd indeed. 

Fortunately there are a few steps that should help. 

Start by running the repair function. In Origin, you can right-click the game panel and you should see the option to repair. 

If the issue persists after the repair, you can try a clean install of your graphics drivers. 

Download the latest package for your graphics card, and during the install process, you should get the option of a clean install, usually under the custom install options. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 16 (3,623 Views)

★★★ Novice

are you * kidding us EA, FOR * SAKE?! you already gave us that "solution" and it doesn't make a * difference!!!! we are not so dumb and these "steps" u provided us are the basic stuff a customer tries before asking on a * forum like this...i hope you will grow up EA....i hope that really bad....

Message 14 of 16 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

broooo guys I got same problem and solved it by my self :D
Open ur case and check all ur power supply cables and ports something is dumb there if ur cables are good then check ur power supply and what Watt+ Volts  ur graphic's card needs  it will help good trust me. check ur cables as well gl hf I'm a problems Fixer by god blessing :D Wink

Message 15 of 16 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had same problem i tried all the suggestions on here and it did not solve my problem. Then i changed the computability setting to windows 7 and ticked run as administrator and problem solved..    I hope it works for you guys having the same problem

Message 16 of 16 (683 Views)