BF4 keeps putting computer to Sleep Mode, shutting off monitor

by Catfish255

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 keeps putting computer to Sleep Mode, shutting off monitor

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi.

I've been having this non-stop problem with BF4 for the PC. I'd be able to play 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay on multiplayer and shortly after my monitor would be put into sleep mode. During this, I can't move my mouse or press keys on my keyboard to turn it on. It stays like that until I manually restart my computer using the power button. Any fixes for this? Thanks.

----Specs----

• Windows 7 Ultimate

• AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor

• AMD Radeon HD 6800 series

• AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (Chip Type)

• 8 GB's of RAM

• 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor

I basically gave up attempting to fix this problem because of how many times I've failed. I hope to receive some help soon, thank you.

-- The message I get on my monitor when it "sleeps" is something like " No input available. OR Video not available" something about video. Screen is black too, and sound usually loops before it goes into this state. --

Message 1 of 16 (4,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 keeps putting computer to Sleep Mode, shutting off monitor

Community Manager

@joel13576 That's quite odd indeed. 

Fortunately there are a few steps that should help. 

Start by running the repair function. In Origin, you can right-click the game panel and you should see the option to repair. 

If the issue persists after the repair, you can try a clean install of your graphics drivers. 

Download the latest package for your graphics card, and during the install process, you should get the option of a clean install, usually under the custom install options. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 16 (3,658 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

-----THIS PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET, PLEASE IGNORE THE "SOLUTION" TAB.--------

I thought I fixed it because I played a whole match of BF4, but the same problem just happened. Sound loops (something related like that), monitors sleeps, but fans are still running.

If a moderator can please remove the "solution" tab that'd be great, thank you.

Message 2 of 16 (4,203 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Am I right that you only be able to restart your computer? Had you ever a lockdown of your PC while playing Battlefield 4? It would help us to know the version of your videocard driver, operation system and your exact ingame graphic as well as your catalyst gaming setup.

Cheers

Basti

Message 3 of 16 (4,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for responding, been waiting forever for someone to even ask a question.

Yes I'm only able to restart my PC. I can't wake it up from sleep mode. I've locked my PC before, I'm not quite sure what you mean about that. My video driver is updated to the newest version appartently, and my in game graphics is always set to medium. My PC can run the game considering I can run more CPU intensive games than BF4 without a problem. As stated before my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate.

This never happened before, a long time ago when I first bought BF4 and played it for a month or so. After a while, the game just broke for me and constanting is doing this, and I have no idea why.

Message 4 of 16 (4,185 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you be more specific please?

I've already listed my OS and graphics card, if you need any other information just make a list below. And thanks for your time, I hope to get a fix soon.

Message 5 of 16 (4,169 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Okay could you please provide us your exact in-game graphic setup as well as what kind of graphic enhancements you have turned on in your Catalyst driver software?

Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and anisotropic to “use application settings”.
Set the BF4 graphic options to “low quality” or reduce AA and anisotropic filtering to a minimum.
Launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can try to set the graphic options higher.

You could check your GPU and CPU heat with a tool to check if the game is somewhat causing a overheat lock-down of your PC. 

Please go through following steps as well:

Cheers                                                                                   
Basti

Message 6 of 16 (4,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes having same problem as above ........

5min into game ..... crash ....... black screen sleep mode...............computer runs fine for all other programs games ect just bf4....have played nearly 1000 hours without any trouble and have not changed any thing .....this problem started 3 days ago ruffly 

have tryed bf4 game repair and power save settings  no avail yet ... windows ten and amd gaming evolved computer is pretty new never had a prob running bf4 ect

i,m not a computer nerd which kinda suks at times like this   Wink

Message 7 of 16 (3,836 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem. in 90% when i go to change my loadout it goes in to sleep mode. 

Not only that, but also problem with DX and all the * you can imagine. Tried out few things like people mentioned with this sort of truble,

but no luck at all. 

I'm close to throwing my PC out of the window next time Frown

Message 8 of 16 (3,778 Views)

@PREACHER1987 wrote:

Having the same problem. in 90% when i go to change my loadout it goes in to sleep mode. 

Not only that, but also problem with DX and all the * you can imagine. Tried out few things like people mentioned with this sort of truble,

but no luck at all. 

I'm close to throwing my PC out of the window next time Frown

That is something I've never personally witnessed, have you disabled sleep mode and screensaver for windows to see if that solves your problem?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 16 (3,771 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this exact same problem in both Battlefield 4 and Hardline. The computer just appears to shut off but all of my peripherals still stay connected. Every other game I play has no issues including Titanfall. Stress tested my machine and could barely break 80°C which is still higher than recorded temps while playing BF4/Hardline. I've been monitoring temps and nothing is getting drastic and stays within regular temp loads. This is frustrating and add to the fact that barely any players still play either game in the US I think I'm just done with Origin Access. Too many issues and not a fix in sight. 

i3 4170

8GB DDR3 

120GB SSD + 320GB 7200rpm HDD

AMD R9 380 4GB

500W Power Supply (SFXL)

Message 10 of 16 (3,764 Views)