Re: BF4 is unplayable, major lag at any settings!

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

BF4 is unplayable, major lag at any settings!

★ Novice

Hello,

My problem:

When I started Battlefield 4 and found a server (does not matter what server, happens to all) the process up to the point where the loading screen pops up seems fine. But I noticed that the loading icon (upper right corner) moved very slow, about two seconds apart before the icon changed. I thought it was a bit strange since my computer is not that bad. When the game had loaded everything appeared to lag or like a slow motion movie with very few pictures. It was impossible to do anything, I used like a minute to get to the menu screen. In another case I could move around with my mouse and everything went smooth, but as soon as I stared to move I experienced the same problem described above.

I have experienced a similar problem in the game called Rage, but that was a software error that they fixed with an update.

I have changed the resolution(1280x720, up to 1920x1080 and with different Hz), gone through ultra, high, medium, and low settings, turned on/off vertical sync, but there is no difference.

I have a 3 monitor setup, so I also tested with disabling the other two and only used one of my monitors, same problem as before.

I have checked for the newest update for my Nvidia card and my computer and drivers are up to date.

My computer:

Processor: AMD Phantom II x6 1090T Black Edition, 3.2Ghz

HDD: OSZ Vertex 3 128GB

Memory: 6GB 1866Mhz (CL:8, tRCD:8, tRP:8, tRAS:20, tRC:27)

Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

Graphics card: Zotac 4GB GTX 680 (installed driver: 327.23).

PSU: Corsair HX 850W

So my question is, what can be the problem? I have had BF3 running smooth as silk over 3 monitors, so I can't see why I should have problems running BF4 on one monitor at any settings, even the lowest.

Message 1 of 6 (4,081 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same prob and made a threat about it and asked in battlelog forum. In sticky there direct u to this forum for professional technical help but i never got help with this problem. 

My personal opinion is that it comes from the servers but i have no clue. Tried also everything from all drivers to disable sounddrivers, putting it on another partition. Installed directx and vcredist aswell as net framework etc... Ping is totally fine and my connection is superb. As i already wrote in my threat this game is technically an desaster and i never seen help on this issue what makes the game almost unplayable. 

Message 2 of 6 (4,060 Views)

★ Novice

Yea, I sat for 3 hours yesterday with ea support, and went through a bunch of things. It ended up with me sending them a load of information about my computer so they could send it to their technicians. I think the problems lies in the game itself and I am hoping that an update that can fix this will come soon. I just don't think it's a server issue, I have never experienced it like this in other related games. And my internet is working just fine and my setup is ok, and I tested my internet connection to the servers and all was good.

They said that the technicians would contact me in a short period of time, but who knows, that can mean 1 day, a week or never for all I know. So I am just hoping that they are able to keep their promises and contacts me when they think they have a solution.

Message 3 of 6 (4,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same problem here.

first i want to announce bf3 run fine  , eve online run fine , worlds of tank run fine but bf4 have a ugly spike lag ....

in game play run from point a to b and problem is "ghost data back" return to point a and fast go to point b sensation.

testing sesion game with ping in server with pachet 1400 and connection its superb.

testing on windows 7 pro , windows 8.1 "clean install only with origin bf3 and bf4" and bf3 run fine bf4 its unplayable.

my provider internet monitor my conection 1 days and all its fine ....

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3150692272 "here is metropolitan"

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3150696072 "conection with contry server location"

ping quality is superb on my provider and problem ith the game 

neaw i want to know what to do ? 

i7-3770 - 8gb ram ddr3 - nvidia gtx 660 2gb/ram

Message 4 of 6 (3,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

And it's back again.... any solution?

xeon 1230v3

GTX 670

8GB RAM

Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Display Drivers tried 337.88 and 340.52

Reinstalled game

Slow Main Menu (<1FPS)

Loading Screen same problem after a minute

OK FINALLY found the problem. You have to deactive Origin overlay. Runs smooth as silk now. Thanks for nothing. ;D

Hope this helps other ppl in the future.

Message 5 of 6 (3,142 Views)

Community Manager

Try disabling Oring In Game. Do this by clicking on the 'i' button next to the Play button. Then click on Game Properties. Now check the box next to Disable Origin In Game. Now try playing and let us know if you're still getting lag.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,110 Views)