BF4 has stopped working

by meubolo

Original Post

BF4 has stopped working

★★★ Newbie

I've bought, downloaded and installed BF4 but it crashes just after some time of loading. It happens in campaign and multiplayer modes.

I've updated my gfx driver, my dotnet, repaired the installation in Origin, i've tried everything, but the error persists.

I've searched in forums if people had the same problem, and if they've found a solution, but i haven't been able to find any solution for this loading crash.

Do you guys know why this error occur? My Notebook should be able to run this game by it's configuration. i7 2.4ghz quad, 8gb ram, nvidia 650m 2gb vram

What should I do? Ask Origin for a refund?

Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

Re: BF4 has stopped working

Community Manager (retired)

Please download the latest physx driver and try a different version of your video-card driver (even if you revert to an older version). 

Go to your custom settings of your video-card software. Disable all extra options for enhanced graphics and set the preferences for AA and antisotropic to “use application settings”.
If you are able to launch the game on the test range, set the BF4 graphic options to “low quality” or reduce AA and antisotropic filtering to a minimum. You can reset your in-game graphic setting if you delete the config.sys file in your Battlefield 4 folder. 
Launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can try to set the graphic options higher.

A few other possible workarounds:
Nvidia Control Panel > Configure Surround > PhysX > PhysX settings > select your graphics card.

Punkbuster Uninstall / Reinstall

Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 versions of 2010 and 2012 uninstall. Reinstall with Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)