BF4 freezes/stutters

by eulaly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 freezes/stutters

★★★ Newbie

So I've been running BF4 since release, working through all the hiccups and issues, and this past week I've run into a new one that has me totally stumped.

When I'm playing, the game will stick, as if the whole computer ignores input for a second; my dude will keep running forward, or firing, or holding "Q", or aiming down the sights. It stutters at least every minute or so, and as often as 5-8 seconds. It happens in menus, too -- even when I die, and am waiting to respawn, it will ignore user input for a while. It's very strange.

Also notably, this only happens in bf4 (tested some Steam games yesterday and today), and happens in the campaign too.

I'm running 2x GTX 660 Ti's, 12MB RAM, and a i7-3700K (resting rate ~3.5GHz), and Win7 x64.

It doesn't appear to be maxing out any of my hardware; I've got a little RAM and CPU juice to spare running on high @ 1920x1080, and it doesn't look like server lag, either (since it happens in menus, and in the campaign).

Please help! I've already reinstalled (a whole day affair yesterday, thanks Brighthouse), run AVG routinely, and even ran an "svc /scannow" command, which fixed an initial error but comes up clean now.

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 freezes/stutters

Message 2 of 2 (148 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF4 freezes/stutters

Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)