BF4 disconnecting issue? [PC]

by lnserenity

Original Post

BF4 disconnecting issue? [PC]

★ Novice

Hello,

For about the 5th time in the past 12 months of me having BF4 on PC and not being able to play it ONCE I want to finally fix this issue.

Whenever I join a server, oceanic or not, I take about 10 steps and my screen goes black and I am taken back to the server browser with an error that says Game disconnected.

I have searched a lot and nothing seems to work, I am hoping someone can help me so I can play this magnificent game.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (432 Views)

Re: BF4 disconnecting issue? [PC]

★★★★ Guide

@lnserenity What exactly is the full error message you get? Also what are your PC specs?

Message 2 of 7 (416 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lnserenity Please make sure all this is up to date as well as do this for settings. And as stated by @W4rH0rse please post PC specs etc ....

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply REBOOT your PC and then test your BF4

Latest version of DirectX see this page
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Reinstall Microsoft C++ For my game PC's I install both x64 and x86 as it does not hurt the PC

NOTE>>> you need to select the x64 or the x86 file depending on what architecture your computer has. To find this out, Click Start, right click on "Computer" and select "Properties". Under system type is should say "32-Bit Operating System" or "64-bit Operating System". If 32-bit operating system, download the x86 file, and if 64-bit download the x64 file.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Adobe Flash Player update
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Go to Punk Buster site
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

1- Download PB then extract files to your desktop.
2- Open Punk Buster folder.
3- Click on the PB setup and it will open.
4-Add your BF4 game to punk buster its at the top of Punk Buster.
5-Then update punk buster again at the top of Punk Buster.

Reboot PC test BF4

Please post back and let us know if this helped or not and if not we are more then happy to help you more to get this fixed for you.

Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply,

This is the error I am getting and along with it are my PC specs:

http://imgur.com/a/L9SQm

I did everything you said to do in your reply, including the PB stuff and resetting my PC afterwards and that was the message I got right after I tested it again.

Hopefully from this information you can help narrow down the error. Appreciate the help Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (398 Views)

★ Novice

Here are my PC specs and the error I am receiving:

http://imgur.com/a/L9SQm

Message 5 of 7 (397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lnserenity Ok lets rule out windows doing this / helping to make the problem then I will post other things for you to do as I do not want to give you a wall of text lol. We just need to go though this one step at a time to find the correct fix as this could also be due to a program on your PC making the conflict but first lets be sure windows is good to go. As well as keep the setting I gave you in my first post and updates as they will keep BF4 stable for you once this is fixed.

Very important read this fully and do it as stated please..

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.

NOTE: Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 windows system file checker  :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

sfc /scannow, ever hear of it if not your going to love this, it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them / try to fix them. This little tool as well as the event viewer on a PC saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved me many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :womanvery-happy:

-For win7 go to start/ bottom left screen / windows globe .. Right click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as administrator.
-For win 8.1 right mouse click start bottom left of screen / windows box and pick command prompt administrator.

1-Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like Origin, Steam etc.

2-Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3-This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4-After its done REBOOT PC and Run sfc /scannow again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5-So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop. If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6-If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between them.

NOTE-If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run the next few command lines in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ Note: After you run each command line Reboot PC.

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8 & windows 8.1

Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-This command line will scan the health of your PC:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

2-This command line will restore the health of your PC and you don't lose anything on your PC :
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you get errors with the two command lines above and it cant be fixed with second command line and if you are on windows 8.1. Then use third command line but be warned it could take up to two hrs to fix your PC but it will save you a format. I had a friend test this on a PC with errors when it could not be fixed with second command line. :womanvery-happy:

This next part of windows scans is only for windows 8.1 : Credit goes to CptBigoso for finding this..

And same deal as above run command prompt administrator.

1-If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

2-If you get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line. After you reboot your PC then run third command line to be sure your windows is fully stable.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 6 of 7 (361 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@lnserenity Also make sure your firewall/antivirus isn't blocking Punkbuster. You can add it to your programs allowed/whitelist.

Check to make sure the Punkbuster service is configured correctly by doing the following:

1- Type services.msc into windows search box and hit Enter.

2- Scroll down until you see 2 services called PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB

3- Under the Startup Type column they should say Automatic.

4- If they don't say Automatic under the Startup Type column, right click on PnkBstrA and select Properties then click the dropdown menu next to Startup Type and select Automatic.

Message 7 of 7 (341 Views)