BF4 crashing with CrossFireX enabled, and virtual memory disabled.

by C0NIN

Original Post

BF4 crashing with CrossFireX enabled, and virtual memory disabled.

★ Novice

Hi guys:

I can't play BF4 at all since it keeps on crashing sometimes instantly after launching the game, sometimes after one or two minutes. The error message I got is this:

http://i.imgur.com/mkQVb5Y.jpg

...but I don't know for sure if it is a driver related problem, or a hardware related one.

Battlefield 4 is the ONLY program or game that causes that error in my PC. As far as I've found, is that if I enable the virtual memory on my PC, the error seems to stop, but it is really annoying to be activating the virtual memory each time before playing BF4. I do NOT need the virtual memory to be enabled on my system.

My specs are this:

- 3960X

Rampage IV Gene

16GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback @ 2400

2x 7970 Matrix Platinum in CrossFire

250GB Samsung EVO as main drive (Here I have Origin along with Battlefield 3 and 4)

4TB Western Digital as storage drive

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and attention.

Message 1 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: BF4 crashing with CrossFireX enabled, and virtual memory disabled.

Anonymous

Hi,

you could try to download and install the latest directx from the Microsoft site.

If setting virtual memory works, you could also leave it on. It does not hurt to

leave it on whether you need it or not.

Best regards,

inSmithereens

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

~ Albert Einstein

Message 2 of 3 (424 Views)

Re: BF4 crashing with CrossFireX enabled, and virtual memory disabled.

★ Novice

I already tried updating the DirectX files but the error still pops up.

I'm not interested on having the virtual memory enabled since my setup does not requires it, and besides that, each and every program works just fine with this setup as is, even Battlefield 3 works as fine as everything else. It is Battlefield 4 the one and only program causing this error.

Message 3 of 3 (418 Views)