BF4 Xbox keeps freezing during loading screens

by chezeryt

Original Post

BF4 Xbox keeps freezing during loading screens

★★★★★ Newbie

My bf4 game I just bought keeps freezing during loading screens and making me have to restart my xbox. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 15 (16,937 Views)

Re: BF4 Xbox keeps freezing during loading screens

★★★ Newbie

I keep having this problem as well. people have been saying how if you uninstall the HD content and then reinstall it. I personally haven't tried it yet because im a lazy **bleep** but let us know if it works!

Message 2 of 15 (16,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem on Xbox. After every match the loading screen freezes. I'm not a happy person right now.
Message 3 of 15 (16,557 Views)

★ Novice
Same issue. Rather annoyed. Kinda feel like the price I paid is not worth this kind if hassle. These freeze ups cannot be good for my console either.
Message 4 of 15 (16,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

WOW if this happens one more time I am taking my game back. I just restarted my xbox 6 times in a row and it's hot as **bleep** now. Thanks DICE/ EA for not letting me enjoy the 60$ I just dropped.

Message 5 of 15 (16,149 Views)

★ Apprentice

mine crashed all the time on loading screens and sometimes during gameplay. it crashed many times during the loading screen for Hainan Resort but i also remember that it crashed during other map loading screens. I was in a xbox live party of 8 ppl last nite for about 6 hours playing bf4 and everyone else in the party had the same issues. my 360 crashed prob 10 times in 6hrs of play

i have not tried installing HD textures yet and i dont know how

Message 6 of 15 (16,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I seem to have solved it for myself. I deleted the HD content and reinstalled it, and then when I load the game up, instead of choosing to save my profile data to 'Hard Drive' I save it to 'Memory Unit'. I haven't had the issue since I did that. You will have to re-set your default controls again after doing this if you changed them before.

Message 7 of 15 (16,111 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please check out following sticky topic about console freezing issues. Please fill out the data form there and try the suggested workarounds.

Cheers

Basti

Message 8 of 15 (16,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How do you uninstall hd
Message 9 of 15 (12,440 Views)

★★ Novice
Over and over again freeze after freeze, sometimes after a random map the sound keeps going but it doesnt load up for the next match. Nearly every time HAINAN RESORT starts to load it freezes....and so begins the eject and power down and then back up process which im sick with disgust to have to keep doing! To top it off my cosole is hot enough to fry an egg on due to this issue which id rather step in dog crap with bare feet than have to keep enduring!
Message 10 of 15 (11,664 Views)