BF4 Xbox 360: "The connection to EA online was lost"

by Soarific

Original Post

BF4 Xbox 360: "The connection to EA online was lost"

★ Novice
Hi,

I purchased BF4 for the 360 yesterday. Whenever I insert the disc(s) it takes me to the adjustment screen for the HUD. When I press "A" to confirm my adjustments it then loads and says "The connection to EA online was lost".

It will not let me play at all. HOWEVER, I switched to another Xbox live gold account and it managed to get past this screen and to the BF4 menu etc without a problem.

Does anyone out there know why my main gamertag account won't let me play?

Thanks
Message 1 of 7 (2,600 Views)

Re: BF4 Xbox 360: "The connection to EA online was lost"

★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me, I bought it a few hours ago and I get exactly the same message!! Annoyed!!! :robotfrustrated:

Message 2 of 7 (2,570 Views)

★ Novice
It's annoying! I really want to play on my main account. Let me know if you come across a fix for this. I've made EA aware of the situation but they are useless.
Message 3 of 7 (2,564 Views)

★★ Novice

It works on my other account aswell but not my main one, WTF. You found a fix yet? EA are useless

Message 4 of 7 (2,557 Views)

★ Novice
Nope mate I'm at work at the moment. I've tried the following, none if which worked:

1. Cleared system cache on xbox

2. Deleted all BF4 files/redownloaded them

3. Moved my account onto an external USB

4. Resetting my router

I'm sure I've tried other things.

I was going to try and change my origin email to see if that worked but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been trying to figure out why one account works but not the other. It's bizarre.

Have you had any luck?
Message 5 of 7 (2,551 Views)

★★ Novice

I gave up and made a new account

Message 6 of 7 (2,545 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried deleting first, then clearing your cache and immediately restarting your console?

Message 7 of 7 (2,539 Views)