Re: BF4 Will not start, BF4 Invalid License. Reason code = Missing DLL:[XINPUT9_1_0.dll] Error: 0x7E

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Will not start, BF4 Invalid License. Reason code = Missing DLL:[XINPUT9_1_0.dll] Error: 0x7E.

★★★★★ Newbie

I try to start BF4 after just purchasing and installing the game. The game is fully up to date, along with my windows and graphics drivers. Ive tried running in x86 and x64, tried disableing origin chat functions. What DLL is missing? How can I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heres is my PC's specs.

Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 x64

GA-970A-D3

8gb ram

60gb OCZ Agility 6.ogbps SSD

400gb wd 3.0gbps

AMD Radeon HD 7700 1024MB video card

Message 1 of 7 (7,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Will not start, BF4 Invalid License. Reason code = Missing DLL:[XINPUT9_1_0.dll] Error: 0x7E

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for all the quick responses! I installed new directx and made sure clock and time were set right, but was still having the same error. I actually was googling the error and found this site.

http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/xinput9_1_0-dll/

I think it may of had something to do with windows home server, but maybe not. Anyways, I installed this in about 30 seconds and BF4 and BF3 now both work flawlessly. To anyone with this error, use xinput.zip and bam! Thanks.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (8,097 Views)

All Replies

Anonymous

Hi,

you could try to reinstall DirectX and V++. You can find the installers in your BF4 game directory.

__Installer\directx\redist (DXSETUP.exe)

__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist (both files)

Message 2 of 7 (7,963 Views)

Since it's a license error, do a couple of things, check to make sure that your PC's date and time is correct, then log out of your PC origin client and then log back in with the Origin account under which your purchased BF4. If that doesn't work I recommend right clicking the BF4 icon and selecting repair to see if that clears up the error.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 7 (7,960 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for all the quick responses! I installed new directx and made sure clock and time were set right, but was still having the same error. I actually was googling the error and found this site.

http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/xinput9_1_0-dll/

I think it may of had something to do with windows home server, but maybe not. Anyways, I installed this in about 30 seconds and BF4 and BF3 now both work flawlessly. To anyone with this error, use xinput.zip and bam! Thanks.

Message 4 of 7 (8,098 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

highly probable that is was the OS. Home server 2011 is based on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks for posting back, I will mark as your post as solution.

Message 5 of 7 (7,941 Views)

Re: BF4 Will not start, BF4 Invalid License. Reason code = Missing DLL:[XINPUT9_

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!

I've been looking all day for a solution. This did it. Thanks.

Message 6 of 7 (4,857 Views)

Re: BF4 Will not start, BF4 Invalid License. Reason code = Missing DLL:[XINPUT9_

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar error. I downloaded xinput and ran install.cmd as an administrator but the cmd prompt states that the file "infinst.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. "infinst.exe" is in the x64 folder, along with the files that the cmd prompt also states that it can not find... -_-

Message 7 of 7 (3,913 Views)