BF4 Visual/Audio Lag in Loading Screen & Occasional Disconnect

by SnernieBanders

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Visual/Audio Lag in Loading Screen & Occasional Disconnect

★★ Novice

Over the past couple weeks I have been experiencing major issues trying to load into BF4 servers, also when new rounds start after I have joined said server. The audio and the loading screen icon begin to lag and the game takes at least 3-5 mins to load in. Half the time I don't successfully load in and receive the message 'You have lost connection to the session'.

I have tried numerous 'fixes' such as:

- Disabling both Steam and Origin Overlay

- Updating NVIDIA Drivers

- Uninstalling NVIDIA HD Audio

- Installing and running latest Punkbuster service

- Flushing DNS

- Restarting Router

- Running a Clean Boot on my PC

- Uninstalling, reinstalling, and verifying game files

- Disabling THX Spacial audio for computer as well as closing out of all Razer apps

- Starting through Battlelog

- Moving the game to an SSD from a hard drive

After so much headache this issue is genuinely frustrating and I would appreciate any help/feedback. I have attached my DxDiag for possible future reference.

Message 1 of 5 (2,849 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Visual/Audio Lag in Loading Screen & Occasional Disconnect

★★ Novice

EDIT: I FIXED THE ISSUE :D

After some digging on unrelated topics and threads I believe the issue has something to do with new 30 series cards, which I do own.

Deleting all files from " C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache " then restarting computer worked!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,832 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

EDIT: I FIXED THE ISSUE :D

After some digging on unrelated topics and threads I believe the issue has something to do with new 30 series cards, which I do own.

Deleting all files from " C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache " then restarting computer worked!

Message 2 of 5 (2,833 Views)

EA DICE Team
@SnernieBanders thanks for the update and great catch! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 5 (2,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I encountered this same problem in the middle of my session. I don't know what setting or program on my PC is causing this issue. As far as fixes go, I've tried everything above and the problem persists. I've searched for the NV_cache folder and cannot find it, is it something unique to 30 series cards? 

Message 4 of 5 (2,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah it’s not unique to 30 series cards. The NV_cache folder is inside a hidden folder on your C Drive. Just enable view hidden folders and you should find it using the path mentioned above by the OP

Message 5 of 5 (1,687 Views)